NULL

PlayStation to start its own brand of Nintendo Direct-like announcement streams called State of Play

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 22, 2019.

1. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Tell me when XB1 has some games like PS4 does, okay? Garbage system has a whopping total of FIVE retail exclusives, with Rare Replay being it's last one back in 2015. Lmao.

2. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Are you serious with this hypocrisy right now? Lmao

DarthDub and DSwizzy like this.
  3. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    If it's one thing I learned about business/youtube/life, no one cares if you copy an idea. not in the long haul, anyway. They only care if you did it better. if Sony waggle was better? it'd be a funny tidbit Nintendo waggled first. if playstation classic was better, we'd retroactively call the nes classic inadequate. It is the way of things. never aim to be original, aim to be better. it's the second one sony tends to miss. me saying that with a pstv, ps4, and ps3 hooked up to my tv.

-but back on topic- this is a good idea on their part. they can release information on a schedule that works with the game or console, rather than forcing out content to meet convention deadlines. it'll be interesting if they'll have enough content to fill these up, or if they'll be more advert than unveiling.

Last edited by osaka35, Mar 22, 2019
    x65943 and DSwizzy like this.
  4. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    PlayStation VR ia ridiculously expensive and the only game I wanna play in it is the Pyschonauts midquel. Get me at least ten good games before I am willing to pay ao much money.

5. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I got mine Black Friday. Bargain.

Super hot
    Far point
    Statik
    Wayward sky
    Psyconaughts rombus of ruin
    Doom VFR
    VR world’s (sure demos but amazing to play)
    Best saber
    Robinson
    I expect you to die
    Astrobot
    Moss

To name but a few (most are 5.05 too ;))

6. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    I am only interested in Wayward sky and
    Psyconaughts rombus of ruin.

7. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Go and buy some scratchcards may get lucky - what you expect them to do it for 50 quid - for the hours people use it its cheap couple hundred quid on hundreds of hours of gaming and thers loads of good games out ther for it and many incoming just go read some reviews

KiiWii likes this.
  8. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Then there could be a library of 500+ VR games and you still might not favor any of them due to personal preference. You should try them, you might be surprised, else I think VR is not for you :P

x65943 and DANTENDO like this.
  9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Sony is that kid doesn't even try to hide the fact they are literally copying someone else's homework, lol
    Edit: I know Nintendo wasn't the first to do a lot of things, but it's rather obvious when Sony is just trying to copy Nintendo in the hopes of gaining the same level of success. I hope Sony does actually make this different enough that it won't be comparable to Nintendo Directs, but I have my doubts based on Sony's history. I am willing to be proven wrong though.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Mar 22, 2019
    gnmmarechal likes this.
  10. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    wew I'd forgotten that even existed. I remember I only caught the one you had to slap cuz I liked to slap the table.

DSwizzy likes this.
  11. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
  12. LoganK93

LoganK93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2012
    United States
    Wii was popular: PS Move. Smash is popular: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Nes Classic? PS classic. Nintendo Direct? State of Play. And that's just a handful of examples.

DarthDub and Vorde like this.
  13. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I couldnt giv a cows arse if Sony said in ther first show we liked nintendo direct so here we are:lol: I'm still gonna buy a ps5

14. pitterpatter

pitterpatter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    rip e3

Zense likes this.
  15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    oh cmon lol this is a direct rip off, nintendo dropped out of E3 and started doing directs, and now sony says they wont be attending E3s and they will do directs to...

also saying nintendo directs were made becuase nintendo was a cheap cunt does that mean in your book sony is also a cheap cunt from now on? Guess microsoft is now the only company worth following with their train reck of a console this gen.

Also before the nes classic people didnt give 2 shits about retro emulator consoles, sure there was a bunch of them but they sold like crap and no one even gave 2 shits about them, after nes mini there was the true revival and everyone released a classic console, also ps classic was the worst excuse of a console i ever saw, they used an emulator so bad they had to put half of the games in the pal version so it can even play at decent speeds, and they had the audacity to charge 100$ for it, and now the ps classic is on the discount bin going new for 40$.

16. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    i see them in any gen5+ game its called Trubbish ;) ;)

lol jking

17. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    This replies smh. Once i saw the announcement i already knew nintendo fanboys or people that only care about nintendo stuff would start bitching, moaning and joking about sony. And they like to call themselves "the less toxic community" out there.

Subtle Demise, cvskid, Riyaz and 2 others like this.
  18. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yep both nintendo and Sony do great things for the gaming industry and we should support them both as for xbox I ain't got time to play on 3 consoles:lol:

Treeko, Sakitoshi and DeslotlCL like this.
  19. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    >sony
    >creates new ip every few years

>nintendo
    >no new ip's since forever

Nintendo sure is original.

20. donaldgx

donaldgx GBAtemp Regular