PlayStation to adapt their IPs into film and TV through newly formed PlayStation Productions studio

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 20, 2019.

1. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Let's be real, for a family film based on a children's gaming franchise, it's absolutely the best in it's class. No, it's not a great movie, but it seemed to me that it succeeds at what it set out to do.

2. RPG_FAN128

RPG_FAN128 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2018
    United States
    Sweet! This might actually bring about some good productions to be honest. I mean, think for a moment, a lot of "games" these days (like the Tales series) are already movies -- they aren't even games anymore. So take an interactive movie that is 90% all cinematics and make an amazing epic movie, or TV show series. I am in! ^_^

Plus I won't have to be salty about playing a "game" that is nothing but hours of cinematics. It is already just a movie.

3. Archangel22

Archangel22 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    Australia
    metal gear omg yes would love a metal gear movie. or better yet tv series as that entire franchsie is so long and just look at how long mgs3 and the psp games took to complete that mission. I know this is sony exclusive but would love for Konami to partner up if Sony do video game movies justice.

I welcome more video game movies too. The trend has to change eventually to making good movies surely they can turn it around eventually. Its like comic movies early on they were cringe and bad but they figured it out and I cross my fingers hollywood can figure it out for video game movies. If they do well it can be the next boom for cinema how comic movies are popping up every year now

Last edited by Archangel22, May 22, 2019
  4. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Why is everyone hating on the Ratchet movie? I think it was fine

5. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It's predictable and it's not even original. Some of the movie is literally just the cutscenes from the videogame.