PlayStation to adapt their IPs into film and TV through newly formed PlayStation Productions studio

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 20, 2019.

1. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    They already kind of did that long ago, it's called Playstation Vue (though that only covers live TV streaming, iirc). There's also movies and whatnot available from PSN, so if anything, they'd probably sell whatever they make through there too.

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    uncharted could be fun, i mean uncharted is based on tomb raider, wihch is based on the movies of indiana jones which are amazing, if they make a decent casting and make indiana jones type of movie it could be amazing imo.

Last of us has potencial too to make some horror thriller type of movie, but those rarely end up good, specialy based on videogames.

God of war will be very tough, its fighthing style and such doesnt seem humanly possible so it would just be a huge cgi fest, and if cgi isnt totaly high budget then it will suck.

Shadow of the colossus could be a good one but meh they would probably screw it up big time.

Uncharted has the most chance of sucess seeing indiana jones already proved people will see a action packed fun tomb exploration movie done right.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

pixels wasnt bad imo, its just idiotic fun still not bad its watchable.didnt see ratchet clank so i cant say anything, the problem i guess is most fans didnt want to see cartoons and new fans dont know who ratchet and clank even are so yeah the movie lost money.

3. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    if you didn't liked it that's your problem.
    the movie was typical ratchet and clank humor and it was good.

fourminute likes this.
  4. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Though Clanks voice is annoying need someone like c3po

5. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    wtf? clank voice actor was the same that in the games.
    seems like you haven't touched any of the games.

fourminute likes this.
  6. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I havnt seen the film but I'm guessing was the same voice:lol: and yeh the one in the games is annoying

7. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Can't wait for the PSCU. (PlayStation Cinematic Universe)

Well, they would be PlayStation exclusives.

:P

People are so hooked on the movies part of it, that they are forgetting it is for shows too.

Justinde75 likes this.
  8. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    I can really see the potential of a little big planet show

KyleHyde likes this.
  9. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    C-137
    Did Sony forget Powers existed?

10. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    But what is the appeal? The IPs that Sony has that would make for a good movies, are already much more story filled and more drawn out experiences that essentially are interactive films, but with much more time to breath and reveal plot. Why would we need an Uncharted, God of War, or Last of Us movie, when these games already are cinematic experiences, in fact I'd argue their nature makes them better than a simple sit down and watch cinematic experience. Having said that, when you have a property with cartoony characters and the like, I can see the justification for making movies, like what we saw with Detective Pikachu, but Sony doesn't have a lot of active IPs like that, and the few that they have no one would be interested, regardless of how great we all know Knack is.

11. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ratchet and Clank movie was fine and so was Mario Cartoons They awesome just wish they done more if they done today they be s**t though but hell so was the Movie it just was not a Mario Movie as such but it was a good movie.

Dont insult Mario Never!

Killzone would be a fine addition or better yet Resistance.

Last edited by CORE, May 21, 2019
  12. drgnslayers

drgnslayers GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    Canada
    Bloodrayne, Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Postal and Dungeon Siege all had movies directed by Uwe Boll and all received negative reviews

13. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    They where all s**t with exception of Alone in the Dark it not bad.

14. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    I wonder if they realize that movies suck now a days and that the real gems are few and fare between and generally don't make it to the big screen and if so, in a limited release.

CORE likes this.
  15. TwistedZeon

TwistedZeon Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project Leader

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    So can we finally get a Twisted Metal movie or tv series? It literally has so much potential..

16. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Austria
    The people who think Detective Pikachu was a good movie shouln't worry too much, since they don't seem to have high standards anyways :P

Bladexdsl likes this.
  17. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    they have one chance to make a good sly cooper movie. but for the love of fuck NO LIVE ACTION!

18. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Spider-Verse proved that animation isn't so out of style. lol So hopefully they aren't just doing live action things.

19. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    The upcoming Mario movie has a chance purely on not being live-action.

Its the same difference between Sonic Boom and whatever horrible thing is coming out late this year.

20. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Still see it as double standards when it comes to Nintendo. Didn't see nearly as much negatively tainted comments when Nintendo anounced they would be doing movies and series again despite them having released quite shitty ones in the past. It's always double standards when it comes to Nintendo versus the rest