PlayStation State of Play May 2019 - Roundup - New footage for FFVII Remake shown

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 9, 2019.

1. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    coming 2037 ONLY FOR PLAYSTATION 7

leon315 likes this.
  2. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Turn-based can be strategic but FF7 was so mind-numbingly easy, outside of the optional WEAPONS it was pretty much button mashing anyway. FF7's combat was bog-standard turn based, the only novel aspect was materia, as long as they transport that element to a servicable action game it can retain the game's legacy.

Given Navi delays the PS5 has to be late 2020 at the earliest.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, May 10, 2019
  3. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Now I see why they skipped E3. So it's gonna be this and rumours about release dates for tlou2 for the next 2 years then? What a way to waste a assumedly 94M+ installed base.

gameboy likes this.
  4. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    american english is the only language in which you can express specifics, in most other languages you cant come close to specifics. British english is about as helpful has Engrish spoken from a chinaman with no experience in the language

5. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    FF 7 is not vaporware. I am delighted.

6. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I got you, mate. Totally agree, yet I still see myself buying this day one and hating myself more than ever over it.

7. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    You really think Medievil looked terrible? You obviously never played the original it had the same feel imo.

8. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Still horrible how they're treating the game as a giant cash cow and are cutting the game in to 3 parts and asking full price per part.

9. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    I m so happy that ff7 does not use the old battle systems.... I really hate those boring wait to attack systems... Those slow down the game too much. Hope to have that game before 2030 xD

10. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    More info this June will be - FF7R PS5 launch title
    No way that's gonna release for PS4 at this stage of progress anymore

11. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    Almost, as in 99.99%, or like 98%? 95%? Are you quite sure, or very sure. Do you have little doubt about the outcome, or no doubt? Maybe you are convinced, or most certain. Maybe you will just be sure to blame the FF7 remake for your disappointing life when it doesn't magically turn it around for you.

FFVII remake is interesting, as you already show. I wouldn't bother trying to weigh it against timeless, embellished, childhood memories.

12. illicit

illicit GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2010
    United States
    had to google bolox lol

13. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Somewhere in the 85% - 90% range.

Wow, what the fuck man. No, nothing like that, it's just likely to be worse than it could've been.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very likely to buy and play it, but even if I wasn't, I'm allowed to express distaste with some of the design decisions.

Last edited by Xzi, May 10, 2019
  14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    away looked cool teh rest meh im not a ff fan at all.

15. cots

cots GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    The Final Fantasy VII remake looks fantastic. I hope some day down the road some modders will turn it back into an ATB system. I don't care for slash n' hack and probably wouldn't even consider buying the game if I hadn't played the original nor do I think I will enjoy this one as much as the original turn based game.

16. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    It's going to be interesting to play a Final Fantasy 7 as if it were made to play like megaman legends. Love legends and love ff7, so fun times. Not much of a re-make since they completely changed the genre, but should be a fun re-imagining. I'm still betting for a ps5 release.

AI should help make the original feel more HD, so this will be a nice distinct spin-off kind of version. We'll never get the Spyro HD style job of ff7, or any other main ff, but watcha gonna do.

Xzi likes this.
  17. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Turn-based, real-time or something in between, overall I don't really care, as long as the gameplay is good. Can't tell yet, from what has been shown. Still, not sure how I feel about completely changing the gameplay of a remake.

Except a turn-based game can be fast pace.

Not sure if you were serious here, but I couldn't help, but lol either way.

As people like to point out to me, PS5 will be backwards compatible.

18. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    You serious :lol: Well we say the bolox in England when something is good or just bolox when something is not good:lol:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You hav no idea yet how long each part gonna be but I think each part least 20 hours and for the time ther taking this is no cash cow

Last edited by DANTENDO, May 10, 2019
  19. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    looks like it's shaping up to be yet another dismal year for playstation.

no 100% NOT interested in the SHIT FF7 (not turn based full of 80% cut scenes) REMAKE

Last edited by Bladexdsl, May 10, 2019
  20. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Cutting a full game in to 3 parts and filling it up with tedious gameplay like ff15 like sidequests and fmv's is. Square enix have been doing these live services models for also quite some time now and pretty sure FFVII being cut in to 3 parts spread over 10 years is exactly going to be the same shit they did with FF 15