PlayStation State of Play - April 2021 - Among Us coming to PS4/PS5

PlayStation has scheduled a new State of Play broadcast, dedicated to the upcoming game Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. We'll be seeing 15 minutes of all-new footage in the live stream, along with a glance at two indie games as well. Catch it live right now, or check back to see our live coverage as it airs.

We begin with the indie games. Subnautica: Below Zero is headed to next-gen. The DualSense has a lot of situational feedback depending on what's happening. 4K and 60fps options. If you own the first game on PS4 you can get it for free on PS5. May 14th.

And Among Us will be coming to both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 later this year, with an exclusive Ratchet skin.

Here we get to see the start of the game, with Ratchet exploring the first area. He's in a new dimension different to his world. Clank gets taken as well. Some snippets of the story are being shown as well as the latest gameplay.

Mobility is a huge focus. You can chain your moves together to get through areas.

The adaptive triggers on the controller will let you feel each shot from your various weapons. Depending on how you pull the trigger changes your shot.

The PS5's SSD will make loading between dimensions possible, letting you switch seamlessly.

Rivet will be the second playable character. You play as her with Clank.

There's far more mechanics to unlock, Clank puzzles, challenges, arena, and aerial combat that you'll be able to experience, along with a photo mode.

Accessibility options will be available to make the game playable for as many people as possible.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i know they will be more expensive but 80 is too much
is usa every game was 60$ max while we paid 70 euros, then they raised ps5 prices to 70$ in usa and we got an 10 euro increase here too, every AAA next gen only title will be that price, of course devs can choose whatever price they want, but they will follow the norm

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Haha, Sony sus.

But seriously, do they still plan on doing this? This "State of Play" thing? This is more miserable than Nintendo Indie Direct.

Reactions: banjo2

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not interested in either the cringe-filled Among Us (the "sus" and "amogus" memes aren't funny. I'm sick of them, and I can't wait for them to die off),
So, what you're saying, is that you want us to stop posting about Among Us, and you're tired of seeing it?
Do your friends on Tiktok send you memes?

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, what you're saying, is that you want us to stop posting about Among Us, and you're tired of seeing it?
Do your friends on Tiktok send you memes?
Both, and why the heck would I have an account on that Communist-controlled trash? Also my singular friend never sends me "memes" - he occasionally invites me to Board Game Days, but otherwise we rarely see each other these days...not like during our school years. I miss those years...

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm kind of upset that the new Ratchet and Clank will not come out for the PS4, but my God, Sony has taken a lot of care, the game is as beautiful as a CGi movie, it gets to be very incredible.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm kind of upset that the new Ratchet and Clank will not come out for the PS4, but my God, Sony has taken a lot of care, the game is as beautiful as a CGi movie, it gets to be very incredible.
Does it suit the R&C universe, though? When it's meant to be rusty, harsh and bolted-together?
I dunno; I just think the PS2 aesthetic and resolution was utterly perfect for this series. The beauty just clashes with what the series is meant to be, in my eyes.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is usa every game was 60$ max while we paid 70 euros, then they raised ps5 prices to 70$ in usa and we got an 10 euro increase here too, every AAA next gen only title will be that price, of course devs can choose whatever price they want, but they will follow the norm

That's so messed up. The Euro is stronger than the US dollar as it is already. I thought the increase here to $70 was terrible, but learning the increase is to 80 euros in Europe which equates to about $96.60 in US dollars is terrible.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Both, and why the heck would I have an account on that Communist-controlled trash? Also my singular friend never sends me "memes" - he occasionally invites me to Board Game Days, but otherwise we rarely see each other these days...not like during our school years. I miss those years...
It was a refrence to this

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's so messed up. The Euro is stronger than the US dollar as it is already. I thought the increase here to $70 was terrible, but learning the increase is to 80 euros in Europe which equates to about $96.60 in US dollars is terrible.
worse is the switch console price in usa regular switch is 300$ here the default price is 330 euros so you see they dont care atleast with sony and xbox if its 500$ its 500 euros here, sure we still pay more but atleast we see the same number, on switch nope...

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is what I wanted to say.... It's really expensive here in us its 80 Dollar and here 80 Euro which is about 96 Dollar wtf

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
STOP POSTING ABOUT AMONG US IM TIRED OF SEEING IT

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

MY FRIENDS ON TIK TOK SEND ME MEMES, ON DISCORD IT'S FUCKING MEMES

I WAS IN A SERVER, RIGHT AND ALLLLLLL THE CHANNELS WERE JUST AMONG US STUFF
I- I SHOWED MY CHAMPION UNDERWEAR TO MY GIRLFRIEND, THE LOGO, I FLIPPED IT AND I SAID "HEY BABE, WHEN THE UNDERWEAR IS SUS" DING DING DING

I FUCKING LOOKED AT A TRASH CAN AND I SAID "THATS A BIT SUSSY"

Danster75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well yeah, and PCs had SSDs for a whole decade before they finally came to consoles, but it's still something they're naturally gonna want to talk about and show off.

I could be mistaking but afaik even with that enormous headstart PC loading times are still far worse in general then those on XsX or PS5. Even using NVMe. Of course, PC gaming has its own advantages.

Last edited by Danster75,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv