PlayStation reveals PS5 faceplates and new DualSense colors

PlayStation is releasing some new DualSense variants, with Starlight Blue, Galactic Purple, and Nova Pink. In addition, following the cease and desist sent to Dbrand after they tried to release PS5 faceplates, they'll also be making their own. You'll be able to remove the PlayStation 5 faceplates and customize them with colors such as Midnight Black, Starlight Blue, Nova Pink, Galactic Purple, Cosmic Red, giving you five options to choose from. Both the controllers and faceplates will be available directly from PlayStation on Jaunary 21 or from other retailers in February. Console covers will retail for $54.99 and will have different versions for the Disc and Digital consoles.

In the US, UK, France, and Germany, a number of these new products will be available via early access for direct.playstation.com customers. The DualSense wireless controller in Galactic Purple will be available on direct.playstation.com starting January 14 (while supplies last), and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 11. Additionally, the PS5 console covers in Midnight Black and Cosmic Red will be available on direct.playstation.com starting January 21 (while supplies last), and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 18. Stay tuned to direct.playstation.com for more information.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Faceplate seems to be priced at 55$
Ouch. I did a token search on US amazon before I posted that and that price appears to be in line with ones sporting fancy decorations, other faceplates of comparable complexity (I don't know if those there have nice UV sensitive dyes in them as they have that kind of glow like they have a blacklight around, though that does not add much) appear to be much lower.

Reactions: felix.200

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Sony when they steal Dbrand's idea, but then realize an exploit just got revealed:

pedro-pascal-mandalorian.gif

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Well apart from the faceplate disaster - ain't those dual-sense colors amazing :D?!
Kinda want both the purple and turquoise ones :)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not buying since they went after Debrand
Aliexpress has plenty.

My favorite gaming brand on there is Data Frog (they're selling too) which I'd say is a quality brand. I bought a PS2 Wireless Controller (DS3 clone) from Data Frog and works perfectly to this day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."