PlayStation Plus overhaul announced, premium tier has catalog of PS1, PS2, and PSP games

unknown-19.png

After months of rumors, the long awaited relaunch of PlayStation Plus is here. Sony has revealed that they will be merging both PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus into the new Playstation Plus, which will have three different tiers. "Essential" is the same PS+ experience as before, with free games monthly and online multi-player. Meanwhile, the "Extra" tier adds a catalog for downloadable PS4 and PS5 titles for 14.99 a month. The Premium tier has the biggest amount of content on offer, featuring cloud streaming on PS4, PS5, and PC, as well as access to a retro trove of classic PlayStation games from the PS1, PS2, and PSP, with download options available. Time limited game trials are also part of this plan. This one is $17.99 a month.

The new PlayStation Plus will launch this June. Those current subscribed to PlayStation Now will automatically be converted into the Premium tier. Certain markets will have a Deluxe tier, which is just slightly cheaper Premium but without the cloud streaming.

PlayStation Plus Essential​

• Benefits:
    • Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
      • Two monthly downloadable games
      • Exclusive discounts
      • Cloud storage for saved games
      • Online multiplayer access
    • There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.

• Price*for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
    • United States
      • $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
    • Japan
      • ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra​

• Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
    • Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
    • Japan
      • ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium**​

• Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
    • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
      • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
      • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
    • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.***
    • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
    • Japan
      • ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
  • PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know about this... PS3 get's the shaft cause of cloud streaming and i wonder if you can still get PS3 DLC working but i doubt it. (unless DLC works on PS5)

Reactions: Megadriver94

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a step in the right direction, but I'm curious to see the full "classics" game list before I call this "overhaul" at all good. PS3 games being stream only is shit though. Sony has the engineers and the PS5 has the specs for emulation to be no problem for the vast majority of games.

Oh well, wasn't expecting much so this pretty much matches what I was thinking.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the lack of PC gaming, other then a couple of ps2-ps3 titles for "Cloud" makes the service JUST a Playstation service, I would of wanted more a PC presences

Reactions: Megadriver94

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conveniently dont mention any of the legacy titles they'll be offering or what benefits this has (4k integer scaling?)
I will assume its gonna be sloppy emulation and garbage titles

Does any else hate cloud gaming? I dont want to stream my games on my 'beefy' localized hardware ps5
Could do the same on a web browser.

Last edited by playstays_shun,
Reactions: yoyoyo69 and Neo127

Geoffboyrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After months of rumors, the long awaited relaunch of PlayStation Plus is here. Sony has revealed that they will be merging both PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus into the new Playstation Plus, which will have three different tiers. "Essential" is the same PS+ experience as before, with free games monthly and online multi-player. Meanwhile, the "Extra" tier adds a catalog for downloadable PS4 and PS5 titles for 14.99 a month. The Premium tier has the biggest amount of content on offer, featuring cloud streaming on PS4, PS5, and PC, as well as access to a retro trove of classic PlayStation games from the PS1, PS2, and PSP, with download options available. Time limited game trials are also part of this plan. This one is $17.99 a month.

The new PlayStation Plus will launch this June. Those current subscribed to PlayStation Now will automatically be converted into the Premium tier. Certain markets will have a Deluxe tier, which is just slightly cheaper Premium but without the cloud streaming.
what is fucked up is the YEN to USD ratio. For the max package it's a little more than 10$ in yen to get that. But in america we have tospend 17.99$ what a rip

Geoffboyrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is bullshit. In Jap they only have to spend roughly the equivalent o f$10.50 for the max package, while the USA market has to shell out $18

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$120 a year for the highest tier is only $10 a month. The same price as PC or console Game Pass, and less than Game Pass Ultimate. Seems like a fair enough deal to me. Plus as has been mentioned, there are cheaper ways to get subscriptions than directly through Sony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...