PlayStation Plus games for February 2021 revealed

pspfeb.png

The latest lineup of PlayStation Plus games have been revealed. Subscribers can look forward to playing three games this February, across the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 platforms.

The two PS4 games are Control: Ultimate Edition and Concrete Genie. The next-gen enhanced version of Control will also be made available for those playing on PS5. For the PS5 alone, we have Destruction AllStars which makes it's debut on PS5 as a PlayStation Plus title.

All three games will be available to add to your PS Plus library from February 2nd.

Next month’s PlayStation Plus lineup is all about creativity. Dazzle the crowds with creative chaos as you run, ram, and slam in the vehicular combat of Destruction AllStars, showcase your artistic side with some magical portraiture in Concrete Genie and get inventive with supernatural abilities in order to save your skin in Control.

Destruction AllStars is also the focus of a new State of Play that showcases the game in all its glory. This deep dive, which you watch below, will equip you with all you need to know to leap into the arena come Tuesday, February 2 when the game launches into PlayStation Plus alongside Control: Ultimate Edition and Concrete Genie.

Let’s take a closer look at the games…

Destruction AllStars (PS5)

Entertain the crowds by bringing controlled chaos to the vehicular combat arena of this metal-crunching multiplayer game*. Pick one of 16 superstar competitors, then leap into four game modes, using timing, tactics and skills to cause carnage behind the wheel or create havoc with your parkour skills. Perfect your character’s abilities – including a hero vehicle unique to them – to give you the edge in free-for-all battles or team challenges and become Global Destruction Federation Champion. The game also supports PS5’s Game Help feature**, giving you hints and tips to become the ultimate destructive machine without the need to leave the game.

Control: Ultimate Edition (PS5 and PS4)

Master supernatural abilities and wield a shape-shifting sidearm in this third-person action-adventure from Remedy Entertainment (Max Payne, Alan Wake). Take on the role of Jesse Faden, Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, whose New York headquarters are breached by an ominous enemy. Despite outward appearances, the skyscraper’s interior is vast and ever-shifting. You’ll need to explore – and weaponize – this unpredictable environment to clean house and repel the invaders.

The Ultimate Edition includes the base game as well as The Foundation and AWE expansions.

And on PS5 console, use the console’s Game Help feature** for hints and walkthroughs to help you solve puzzles and overcome challenges as you explore the Oldest House.

Concrete Genie (PS4)

Pick up a magic paintbrush and return the polluted town of Denska to its former bright and bustling seaside self in this touching and multi-award winning action-adventure. Cleanse streets and alleyways, then use your Living Paint to create mischievous Genies whose magical powers will aid you in overcoming puzzles and seeing off bullies who pursue you. The game also includes two additional modes built especially for PS VR to let you further unleash your creativity***.

Destruction AllStars is available on PlayStation Plus until Monday, April 5. Control: Ultimate Edition and Concrete Genie are available until Monday, March 1.

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So for those paying for the Plus service, any regrears6 besides not getting a PS5 without getting scalped?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So for those paying for the Plus service, any regrears6 besides not getting a PS5 without getting scalped?
I got a PS5 and didn't get scalped. Two actually, one for my partner and one for me.

This is a really great month! Been looking at Control for a long time, and as a PSVR owner I've gotten really close to getting Concrete Genie a lot of times. Very happy with this month of PS+

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ohh, two games I wanted to try ! nice month :)
Control I don't know a lot, it'll be a discovery.
Concrete genie I waited for its release for months, and almost bought it at release date. glad I didn't :P

I didn't remember Concrete was a PSVR game. even nicer surprise!

Last edited by Cyan,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games for gold is better
How? I have had both services for the last few months and the games that they give away with Gold have pretty much always been trash. I think most people would agree at least based off of what I have been seeing on the youtube comments for their monthly announcement videos. Not to mention that PS Plus also has PS Plus Collection which includes a bunch of amazing games from the PS4 generation. This month it looks like the games given away with gold are actually good but that's only because they tried to double the price :rofl2:. That being said Game Pass Ultimate is better than PS Now and PS Plus.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a good month for PS Plus. Control Ultimate Edition is a good get and will see a next gen upgrade giving PS5 owners an extra reason to see it. I bought Ultimate Edition and have been waiting for the next gen upgrade to start it on my Series X so if I did own a PS5 already, I'd be a mite sore about that! :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That's nice, interested to see how Destruction All Stars is, looks like a nice mix of Twisted Metal and Carmageddon which is nice.
Carmageddon and Twisted Metal II are two of my favorite combat racing games of all times, right up there with Blur.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night