PlayStation officially prevents stacking PS+, adds new rules for existing subscribers

jkkkk.png

PlayStation is cracking down on how PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now works for existing subscribers. Those hoping to stock up and stack their subscription have found that Sony is preventing them from doing so--and now they're taking even further measures to stop that. If you have a pre-existing subscription to either PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now, you can't extend it, even if you purchase prepaid cards from retailers.

However, starting in June, they'll begin allowing subscribers to redeem their prepaid cards again, with a major caveat; if you want PlayStation Plus Premium--the highest-paid tier--it won't give you an equal amount of months as to what you would normally get. For example, if you redeem a PlayStation Now 12 (365 days) month prepaid card on PSN, you will only get 6 months (183) days of service of PlayStation Plus Premium. If you want the full 365 days of service, you'll have to downgrade to the lowest tier, PlayStation Plus Essential.

The full conversion chart, provided by Sony, is shown below, which is their attempt at trying to clear up confusion regarding the whole convoluted affair. The updated FAQ featuring the graph can be seen at the very bottom of the official PS Plus page.

sony_playstation_plus_voucher_conversion_chart.jpeg

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is such an anti-consumer move. Sony is trying to make a service to compete with Game Pass, but are making themselves look like utter clowns by trying to institute all these rules, meanwhile Microsoft let you stack unlimited amounts of Gold to translate into XGP.
The world must be reverting back to pre-pandemic norms. Sony is being anti-consumer and GamePass is kicking Sony's @$$.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First Netflix, now this? interesting
Can you elaborate on what Netflix did? I'm not a subscriber, so not really aware of recent changes. I keep hearing on the news that Netflix has lost about 50% of its value on the stock market. Bad news for them and the shareholders.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This sort of crap will only change when the older out-of-touch generation of execs get replaced by younger ones. They still believe that people should feel privileged to use their amazing products, instead of realising *they* should be respectful of their loyal customer base.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, game pass doesn't allow more than 3 months at any one time. Anything beyond that isn't added. Pretty sure that's on Microsoft's website.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very bad boo sony BOO you're still shit compared to xgp you always will be at least i could still buy games on PS5 w/o PS+ (rarely use ps+ anyways though I used PSNow quite a bit) WAY TO F**KING SCREW US OVER

• Wow
Reactions: Stone_Wings

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you elaborate on what Netflix did? I'm not a subscriber, so not really aware of recent changes. I keep hearing on the news that Netflix has lost about 50% of its value on the stock market. Bad news for them and the shareholders.
Netflix is adding commercials to their platform.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The world must be reverting back to pre-pandemic norms. Sony is being anti-consumer and GamePass is kicking Sony's @$$.

Series S/X Sales - 12 Million
PS5 Sales - 17 Million

GamePass Subscribers - 25 Million
PS Plus Subscribers - 48 Million

Yeah, they're REALLY kicking Sony's "@$$". Great math skills, genius. :rofl2:

This is such an anti-consumer move. Sony is trying to make a service to compete with Game Pass, but are making themselves look like utter clowns by trying to institute all these rules, meanwhile Microsoft let you stack unlimited amounts of Gold to translate into XGP.

The "FUCK SONY" clan need to dry their tears and move on. You'll all be able to stack as soon as the new tiers start. Wait for a sale, and you'll be all good. The whining and complaining about this is incessant. Everyone wants to stack, then complains about Sonys prices, even when a year of Premium costs LESS than a year of Game Pass Ultimate. Seriously, it's like people saying "Fuck Sony! They won't let me save money by stacking, regardless of the fact I pay MORE for stacking Game Pass, and am also receiving ZERO MIcrosoft discount for it." Lmfao. Like. What?!?!?!?! As was said, wait for the change over, a sale, then stack. All is good.

There's also this. Funny how it's FUCK ANTI-CONSUMER SONY!!! But crickets on this from the "But but but... Game Pass!!!!" crowd.

https://twistedvoxel.com/microsoft-closes-loophole-for-cheaper-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/

Netflix is adding commercials to their platform.

Kinda raising false flags here. They are going to introduce a lower cost plan with commercials for those that want to save a bit and don't care about watching ads. They will still have their commercial free plans.

Interesting but with online services it's subject to change hence why stack

Because sometimes there are incredible deals like a year for $25. I don't think people stack regularly priced subs for more than maybe a few months at a time. At least I never have. :)

Last edited by Stone_Wings,
  • Haha
Reactions: duwen and ZeroHunta

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blarg, moan, barf...
Angry little lad aren't we.....:lol:
PS Plus (in its current form) and Game Pass are competing services are they..? (hint: no they aren't, that would be Plus vs Gold, and Now vs GP)
And Netflix didn't recently raise the price of the 'ad-free version' just before announcing this ad filled version did they..? (hint: yes they did)
And I suppose Sony's excuse of blocking the recent stacking because of "behind the scenes work" is pro-consumer is it? (hin-no, really, you should be able to figure that one out by yourself...)
Get a grip lad: mommy might buy you an Xbox for Christmas or summat, don't lose hope just yet!

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Angry little lad aren't we.....:lol:
PS Plus (in its current form) and Game Pass are competing services are they..? (hint: no they aren't, that would be Plus vs Gold, and Now vs GP)
And Netflix didn't recently raise the price of the 'ad-free version' just before announcing this ad filled version did they..? (hint: yes they did)
And I suppose Sony's excuse of blocking the recent stacking because of "behind the scenes work" is pro-consumer is it? (hin-no, really, you should be able to figure that one out by yourself...)
Get a grip lad: mommy might buy you an Xbox for Christmas or summat, don't lose hope just yet!

Ahhhh. The good old "You mad, bro" and "your mommy" lines. How incredibly weak. Ragin, because I'm making points and raising debates? Sure think, bud. Yeah. Ragin over here. :rofl2: Then you bring things in to it that I never even spoke about. Did I say anything about Netflix raising prices? Was I arguing with someone about whether or not Netflix has recently raised prices? Did I say anything about Sony NOT being pro-consumer? Wtf you going on about?

Someone sounds like their panties are still in a bunch cuz they missed out on stacking. :rofl2: Since I have to keep repeating myself, quit your crying. And since you want to make stupid somments, mommy might stack a sub for you when stacking returns after the change. Or maybe mommy will buy you a PS5 so you can stack PS subs to begin with. Either way. Not long to wait. I know it's hard, but soon. Promise. Everything will be okay. Mom might even stack BEFORE you get your PS5! Talk to her, she might be more understanding than you think.

I mean. Do you see how incredibly stupid you sound saying shit like that? Or no? For the record, it's also pretty dumb to assume I don't have an Xbox. Lmfao. I have all three current gen consoles, a gaming PC, and a closet with plenty of past gen consoles. Not that it matters what I have, just clarifying after your silly assumptions. My mommy doesn't need to buy me shit. I'm older than you are by 4 years. My mommy has also been a cancer survivor for a VERY long time and recently has received some terrible news. It has come back and she has to have a total hysterectomy to hopefully remove and stop it from spreading. Uturus, cervic, ovaries, fallopian tubes, the entire bit. So get a grip, lad. Think twice before you make your fucking mommy jokes. Yeah?

Last edited by Stone_Wings,
  • Haha
Reactions: ZeroHunta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.