PlayStation Now branded "A Joke" by Michael Pachter

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's only two problems with that line of logic.

We'd have to assume that publishers are not already doing this, and they are doing this as we speak. PSPlus games are often relatively recent titles and they're available for free for PSPlus subscribers - I don't see PSNow games being available via a subscription as any less probable.

Moreover, we'd have to assume that PS3 games will continue to be released years into the future, which they won't - the system has maybe 2-3 years of air in it left at best. PSNow, as Guild mentions, is a "virtual console" sort of deal with cloud streaming used as a distribution medium - it's not designed for brand-spanking-new productions anyways.

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did no one tell Pachter that PS Now was meant for older games? No one is asking publishers to license their new games for a monthly fee.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Plus, he's overestimating renting in the case of games, me thinks. A movie's different: you rent it, you watch it, you're done with it. 2 or 3 hours of, let us say, "passive" participation is needed - you just watch. But when you rent a game, you need to complete it really quickly to make renting profitable. AND, it's an "active" participation: you need to think, you need to react, you need to have enrgy left to try over and over. Not exactly what you can do for 3-4 hours after a hard working day every day. That's my case BTW, it took me almost a month to complete Knack on the PS4. So in my case buying was waay more profitable than renting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn