PlayStation Now and Xbox Game Pass games for January 2022 announced

e3758a817c9c1561317cc46a05b5ccee.png

Now that we've learned what the Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus games for the month are, it's time to see what subscribers to Sony and Microsoft's other gaming subscription get this January. On the PlayStation Now side of things, six new games hit the service:

• Mortal Kombat 11
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Fury Unleashed
  • Unturned
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition

All of these games will be playable on January 4th.

Meanwhile, Xbox brings in a heavy hitter, advertising that Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be added to Game Pass on January 6th, however, you'll need to have EA Play--which comes with Game Pass Ultimate--to access it. It'll be available both on console and PC.

• Embr (Jan 6)
  • Outer Wilds (Jan 6)
  • Spelunky 2 (Jan 13)
  • The Anacrusis Preview (Jan 13)
  • Gorogoa
  • Olija
  • The Pedestrian

:arrow: Source: PS / XB

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Pass Ultimate is just Game Pass except it has Xbox Live Gold and EA Play. The price has stayed the same for a long time and probably won’t change anytime soon.

People usually download games as they want to play them, because you only own them as long as you have the subscription or until they are removed from game pass (though games aren’t removed that much so you aren’t really in a rush)
is the $14.99 game pass ultimate?

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. one other question: what if the game is removed from game pass, can you buy it without having to redownload it?
yeah.. Xbox is pretty liberal about that stuff. Technically, if you have a physical copy of a game and then, say, it goes on a digital sale super cheap and you buy it from the xbox store, you don't have to install it again, either. When a game is removed from game pass but you still have it downloaded, it will direct you to the store to purchase it. If you do, you can just keep playing. Also, there is almost always a sale on those games a week or two before they're removed as well (usually about 20% off) if you know you want to keep playing it without interruption.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.. Xbox is pretty liberal about that stuff. Technically, if you have a physical copy of a game and then, say, it goes on a digital sale super cheap and you buy it from the xbox store, you don't have to install it again, either. When a game is removed from game pass but you still have it downloaded, it will direct you to the store to purchase it. If you do, you can just keep playing. Also, there is almost always a sale on those games a week or two before they're removed as well (usually about 20% off) if you know you want to keep playing it without interruption.
lovin' the series x, so many things to like about it. I may start banjo kazooie tomorrow morning, but I don't know if it's better to use the superior version aesthetically and maybe play-wise, or if I want to use the original controller or at least the next best thing.

Reactions: vincentx77

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol... can't help you on that one. Though I can say that should you ever decide you want it, you can get a used physical copy of Rare Replay for about the price of a pack of chewing gum at most gamestops. I got that before I got game pass.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some damn good games on that, I might have to do that. I have no physical series x, xbone, 360, or xbox original games. I was using a jtag, and I never bought an xbone. I just gave both of my series x controllers some rechargeable batteries, and I have my pc looking for the rechargeable battery packs, which are sold out right now afaik. I think it's only on microsoft's website, just like the unique switch controllers with nintendo's site.

Reactions: vincentx77

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly buy digital, but I guess because the xbox one didn't do that well comparatively there are a lot of physical games out there that are just cheap af. If you look around you can get some serious bargins.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly buy digital, but I guess because the xbox one didn't do that well comparatively there are a lot of physical games out there that are just cheap af. If you look around you can get some serious bargins.
I mostly do digital as well, since I'm lazy, and at one point, my doctor thought I had parkinson's, so I'd drop things a lot. my grandmother had it, and now my uncle does as well.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly do digital as well, since I'm lazy, and at one point, my doctor thought I had parkinson's, so I'd drop things a lot. my grandmother had it, and now my uncle does as well.
Strangely enough, so do I. I have a type of rheumatoid arthritis, so that makes it difficult to grip things (especially for a long time), as well as a neurological problem that affects my vision.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you've been very helpful. I understand what you mean. I have schizoaffective disorder, and the shakiness was caused by my meds. I still can't sit still whatsoever, but I don't drop things anymore. I'm on permanent disability for this condition.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Pass Ultimate is just Game Pass except it has Xbox Live Gold and EA Play. The price has stayed the same for a long time and probably won’t change anytime soon.

People usually download games as they want to play them, because you only own them as long as you have the subscription or until they are removed from game pass (though games aren’t removed that much so you aren’t really in a rush)
It also contains PC gamepass and the ability to play some gamepass games without downloading (streaming)

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. one other question: what if the game is removed from game pass, can you buy it without having to redownload it?
yes but it best to buy before it is removed from gamepass. You get 20% discount on all games on gamepass. They give you a one week warning before a same is removed from the service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1