PlayStation Now and Xbox Game Pass games for January 2022 announced

e3758a817c9c1561317cc46a05b5ccee.png

Now that we've learned what the Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus games for the month are, it's time to see what subscribers to Sony and Microsoft's other gaming subscription get this January. On the PlayStation Now side of things, six new games hit the service:

• Mortal Kombat 11
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Fury Unleashed
  • Unturned
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition

All of these games will be playable on January 4th.

Meanwhile, Xbox brings in a heavy hitter, advertising that Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be added to Game Pass on January 6th, however, you'll need to have EA Play--which comes with Game Pass Ultimate--to access it. It'll be available both on console and PC.

• Embr (Jan 6)
  • Outer Wilds (Jan 6)
  • Spelunky 2 (Jan 13)
  • The Anacrusis Preview (Jan 13)
  • Gorogoa
  • Olija
  • The Pedestrian

:arrow: Source: PS / XB

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh man, I just bought Final Fantasy XII not that long ago. Wonder if I can even finish it. is drastically different compared to other games in the series. :ninja:
Yeah, tell me about it. The combat is something that takes a while in getting used to.
My brain keeps telling my hands to move the character while in combat and press for actions.
The story seems alright, though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, tell me about it. The combat is something that takes a while in getting used to.
My brain keeps telling my hands to move the character while in combat and press for actions.
The story seems alright, though.
I don't know anything about the story or the gameplay except it seems much like a mmo. Though I figured they changed things between the original and this new "ZODIAC AGE" thing.

VTAprentice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I played the original back in the ps2 days. Didn´t like it too much. THe combat is deep but not not my cup of tea i prefer turn based or action combat and the story was about kingdoms etc...I prefer more personal focus stories. although i have the zodiac version didn´t touch it yet...

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought Mass Effect Legendary physical for XBox for something like $8. Well, I guess I won't have to use the disc for awhile.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Never played ME series, so its great opportunity to start. Solid month for both serives.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got a series x, and I must say, I'm quite impressed by game pass. not sure if it's an offer, but it's $14.99 for gold and game pass together, I think, and the offer for sure part is $1 for the first month. I was able to get halo infinite, sunset overdrive, and killer instinct with a lot of dlc, if not all of it, for free. I was able to buy blue dragon and lost odyssey on sale via gold for like $11. plus, of course, dev mode (just got gba games to work). that's now, nes, snes, genesis, gba, gamecube, and ps2 working, though it's hit or miss with ps2, and cube does have some bugs. tomorrow, I plan to test gameboy, gameboy color, and n64. I have the 3d boxart for them. :D

Reactions: 64bitmodels

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got a series x, and I must say, I'm quite impressed by game pass. not sure if it's an offer, but it's $14.99 for gold and game pass together, I think, and the offer for sure part is $1 for the first month. I was able to get halo infinite, sunset overdrive, and killer instinct with a lot of dlc, if not all of it, for free. I was able to buy blue dragon and lost odyssey on sale via gold for like $11. plus, of course, dev mode (just got gba games to work). that's now, nes, snes, genesis, gba, gamecube, and ps2 working, though it's hit or miss with ps2, and cube does have some bugs. tomorrow, I plan to test gameboy, gameboy color, and n64. I have the 3d boxart for them. :D
im pretty sure gameboy, gameboy color and N64 work 0 questions asked

Reactions: godreborn

Infinitum8t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a good time to have Game Pass Ultimate.

I figured it would eventually be released on it. Now I'm gonna have to go back and complete it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is the difference between normal game pass and game pass ultimate or are they the same thing? I got the first month for $1 with gold, then it's supposed to be $14.99/month. is that ultimate? will that be the normal price indefinitely? and, about the game pass games -- are you allowed to keep these games as long as you have a subscription or are they removed after so much time? I thought it was the latter, but wouldn't that cause issues with having a lot of games on your ssd that suddenly no longer work, if you download all games each month? downloading all games -- is that what most people do or just games they might be interested in?

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is the difference between normal game pass and game pass ultimate or are they the same thing? I got the first month for $1 with gold, then it's supposed to be $14.99/month. is that ultimate? will that be the normal price indefinitely? and, about the game pass games -- are you allowed to keep these games as long as you have a subscription or are they removed after so much time? I thought it was the latter, but wouldn't that cause issues with having a lot of games on your ssd that suddenly no longer work, if you download all games each month? downloading all games -- is that what most people do or just games they might be interested in?

Yes, the first month for $1 with gold is Ultimate. Ultimate gives you PC and console games, as well as cloud streaming and XBox Live Gold. Regular Game Pass doesn't include include cloud gaming, XBox Live Gold, EA Play, and comes in two flavors, PC and console. If you're going to have an XBox Live Gold membership to play online, there's pretty much no reason to consider regular Game Pass. It costs just as much (or nearly, assuming you get a really good deal on Gold) and comes with fewer features.

Huneter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Game Pass Ultimate is just Game Pass except it has Xbox Live Gold and EA Play. The price has stayed the same for a long time and probably won’t change anytime soon.

People usually download games as they want to play them, because you only own them as long as you have the subscription or until they are removed from game pass (though games aren’t removed that much so you aren’t really in a rush)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey