Gaming PlayStation Network and PlayStation Vita?

ponygals

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nataliezworld.com
XP
Country
United States
Last time I ever played a Playstation game was on my old PS2 console. That was my last console except my handheld DSi. Since those I have done a lot of gaming on my PC laptop.

So now I discovered the PlayStation Network/Playstation Vita BUT what are they and what console do they work upon? Are they worth getting? What can you do? Are the games worth it?

This anime I love and is one of my favorites has a game on this network and I don't have the new PS consoles to play it, so do you think the game will only be on PS or become available on other platforms later?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PlayStation Network is available on the PS3, PSVita and the PS4 - you have access to it if you have any of those systems. It's essentially the online infrastructure for those systems, including multiplayer (free on PS3/PSVita, requires PSPlus subscription on the PS4), online store (including video games, movies and music) and communication platform (instant messages available cross-platform as well as on your cellphone, provided you have the PlayStation application installed as well as Party Chat on the PSVita and the PS4).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So it costs money to use it? Do the games cost money?
You have access to PlayStation Network for free, PlayStation Plus is a separate paid subscription plan which gives you access to early game Betas, additional content, in-store discounts and Instant Game Collection, which is a constantly changing library of games which you can download and play for free for as long as you are a subscriber. Games in the online store (obviously) cost money.

PlayStation Network is essentially the equivalent of Xbox Live or Nintendo WFC/Nintendo Network.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah I saw the PS Vita is sold out everywhere, did it just come out? Why is it sold out, is it that good or no?
The system is sold out at many retailers because it wasn't selling terribly well in the west as of late, but I assume some shipments will come in the future. It's still pretty easy to grab the system online though, for instance on eBay. There are also some PSVita ready to be sold in GBATemp's Trading Forum as we speak, as far as I remember.

The game is relatively new - I haven't played it myself, so I can't really comment upon it in any way.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah I am just going to wait, I am sure they will make a PC version soon. :)
I wouldn't count on it. I do expect a PS3 version to come along sometime though, or maybe a PS4 one. A large number of console-exclusive games simply stay console-exclusive, especially Japanese games since Japan isn't all that big on PC gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.