Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Bladexdsl said:
Ace Gunman said:
Which means you don't need a physical controller. Anything could be your controller. Hold a cardboard tube in your hand,
but could you imagine how stupid you'd look?!
rofl2.gif
Oh absolutely, but is a glowing pink orb much better? And I don't mean to single out Sony's product specifically there. It's all relatively silly when you get down to it. All of those plastic Wii attachments that do absolutely nothing and never simulate the real item properly are just as goofy. I think it's inherent to motion control to look somewhat silly no matter what you do.

As for the cardboard tube, that was just an example. You could get a life-size sword model, and if the game was coded to recognize such a thing, well, there you go, now you're playing with something that actually looks/feels like a sword. Heck, in theory you could take an actual gun (hopefully unloaded
tongue.gif
) and use it as the gun for a shooter game.

EDIT: You know, thinking about it, Microsoft could actually release an actual hand held motion controller to work in conjunction with Natal if they so choose. The possibility for that upgrade always exists. If the software can be use to map your individual finger movements, I have no doubt it could work with a singular control device.

They could even use the normal controller and implement it in motion-based ways. Tilt your regular 360 controller and Natal registers it for a flying game in the same way Sony's Sixaxis works.

The way the depth perception works here is that the closer the ball is to the camera the bigger it gets. Any other shape, you run into problems. For example, depending on the camera's ability to focus, once you pull say a square top back far enough it loses its shape. On top of that you have to calculate edge orientation to make the proper measurement comparisons. Using a ball, it stays a ball at any distance and orientation and you don't have to worry about calculating the edges.

For Natal, depth perception is done through calculating a person's shape and density. I remember the tech demo showing a mass density cloud. I think this is also why they are speculating that Natal's camera will have it's own processor, although I think that might have changed, and that it has a 1/10th of a second lag time.

As far as Natal having a controller. It defeats the purpose of what they want. They've been continuously touting Natal as a controller replacement.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haha, I loved how they mocked Natal.

Still, I'm pretty convinced this will fail too. Playstation is doomed to stay in third place this gen, and nothing will change that.
Not even a fairy wand looking like a glowing pen0r.

As for their attack of the Wii, it's just third-parties' fault. Now that we have WM+, all those "waggling" things should be a memory of the past. Instead, they're still relying on that. Nintendo should've made WM+ support mandatory in the new DevKits.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like to point out how fucking bullshit this commercial is with the dick mocking wii boxing, pretending that the motion is just punching sideways instead of throwing HOOKS AND JABS. Yes obviously wii sports boxing is imperfect and I do wish they would give it a sequel, but fuck you lying sony frauds

D

Deleted_171835

yuyuyup said:
I would like to point out how fucking bullshit this commercial is with the dick mocking wii boxing, pretending that the motion is just punching sideways instead of throwing HOOKS AND JABS. Yes obviously wii sports boxing is imperfect and I do wish they would give it a sequel, but fuck you lying sony frauds
Yep.

We need PunchOut!! with the MotionPlus. That would be great!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Commodore also had some magazine adverts mocking Nintendo when they released their CD32 console.

Neither Commodore or Sega make consoles anymore.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe, nicely done Sony.
I love American adverts, stuff like this would NEVER air in Europe.

Natal is more interesting tech-wise (not exactly game wise though)
PSMove is just a Wii Remote with a ball on the end. (albeit a much more accurate Wii remote)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read reports the Move isn't as accurate at "pointing" games as the Wii remote IR on their shooter demos. I know they are just proof of concept demos, but shouldn't Sony be coming out the gate with some killer apps instead of some tech demos ? I stole this point from some website.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
I read reports the Move isn't as accurate at "pointing" games as the Wii remote IR on their shooter demos.
I'd imagine there's a degree of error with reading the ball and figuring out where it is on the screen that's larger compared to the IR camera and LEDs on the Wii

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great commercial.

I'd seriously consider this if I had a PS3. Sony knows how to appeal to people in the right age group.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When he did that movement with his arms, his facial expression was fukin hilarious.

I'm sold, sign me up for 2.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Seeing the guy's face and hearing what he says, I just want to jam that fucking PS Move up his butt.
Yeah but you want to do that to everyone, you have fetish my dear.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care. Sony has made some funny commercials since they started introducing the Slim. The latest God of War III commercial made me lol. This one is no different. As for the Move itself, who knows, it may work, it may not, I just think they should've implemented it in the next generation of consoles.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Konata-Chan said:
but,to tell the trruth,i think that sony at least did better than natal,but it will never beat the Wii,either that,or I just favor sony/ninty more =P

No they didn't. Natal is better than the Move. I mean seriously. They release a Wiimote copy (which Wii had long time ago) and then mock others? That's stupid.
I rather "shoot with my hands like a third grader", than use that god-awful Wiimote with a ball on it...?

Also Sony always mocks others before releasing some new hardware and that just shows how douchy they are. They have the worst attitude of the Big 3 (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony) and that alone makes you not want to buy any of their junk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1