PlayStation Experience 2018 event won't be happening this year

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 28, 2018.

1. RayPanimals

RayPanimals Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    Our current gen consoles are a joke. They need to catch up to the master pc race. Ps4 and Xbox 1 are old news.

2. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    PS5 is coming 2020

anyone who thinks any earlier is wrong

7 years which is the regular console lifespan

3. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Holiday season 2019 is a possibility too. Rockstar is definitely hinting at PS5 with the release of Red Dead Redemption 2. I bet they follow the GTA V route and release on PS4/XB1, then later on PS5/XB2, then later still on PC.

I'd actually be pretty happy to trade in my PS4 toward a PS5 as long as it has backward compatibility. PS4 Pro feels like a half-upgrade at best. 30 FPS to 45. Please Sony, first and foremost PS5 needs to deliver 1080p60 in modern games before it aims for more lofty resolutions.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 29, 2018
  4. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Good, last Experience was very boring.

5. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 28, 2015
    PMSL Nintendo can't even be considered the same league as the ps4/xbx1. Yet again Nintendo release a shit system with a gimmick and who gives a crap about it's gimmicks.... anyone talking about how great it is...... Yea no one.

And why people are talking about ps5.... we all know Sony keep it's system on the market for as long as it can, there's plenty of life in this gen.

6. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    As of now, Microsoft only sold 10-15 million Xbox more than Switch.

7. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    the current consoles are pathetic and were from the start.

no they can't any games that report that are usually upscaling the video output to 4k but are rendering at low resolutions, in some cases much lower resolutions.

first for talking CPU power the APU used in the current consoles are based on an anemic processors specifically for tablets, it sucks then and it sucks now.

when it comes to GPUs the R7 260X released in March of 2013, provides more performance than the PS4 and the Radeon R7 250X is faster than what's in the Xbox One.

suffice to say it was so pathetic that they had to do a halfstep generation with the PS4 pro and Xbox One X

but CPU wise even those are only slightly clocked up and GPU wise the PS4 Pro can perform around the level of a RX 470 with optimizations and the xbox one x is in a better position offering 6 Tflops of power, to put into perspective a GTX 1070 offers 6.46 Tflops of power but due to the way memory is structured and optimizations it reportedly performs at about GTX1080 levels.

you might say what about optimizations, yes that is currently why they do half as good as they currently do but I'd rather them have all the power and let devs spend more time on their games rather than 1/4 to 1/2 the time optimizing.

if we look at the original Xbox for example its CPU was Pentium 3 Celeron-based and a high-end CPU was the Pentium 4 at the time.
    it performed about half as good.
    while the GPU was comparable to the high-end GPU of its time the GeForce 3

notice when the Xbox one and PS4 were released the CPU was not about half as powerful as a i7 5960X and they certainly did not have the equivalent of a GTX 1080 Ti

yes they can do that but so can a PC even without a subscription to anything.

TLDR:
    consoles are fine for what they are but dont pretend they are good and if we are talking performance compariable to PC's this generation we got screwed.

day one there were reddit threads of $500 PC builds that matched/slightly out performed them.

8. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    and bloodborne runs at 20 fps
    nah, you have a long long way of improvements before you can say you have legit 4k
    it won't be even fully exploited next gen, nevermind this gen
    the ps4pro just doesn't cut it if you are looking at 2020.

9. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Vega APUs are a thing.

10. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Indeed, but they have their problems. Might not be the most impressive machine if they went with those apus. I love ryzen, but vega was such a huge dissapointment.

11. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    It's not like the PS4 is or was an impressive machine as far as the hardware goes. Long gone are the times when consoles were more than underpowered PCs.

osaka35 likes this.
  12. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    delusional

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Bloodborne runs at solid 30fps on the ps4 pro...why lie?

i mean i know you are pc elitist cancer but at least deal with reality.

13. teamlocust

teamlocust Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2017
    India
    I guess when you are so ahead of your nearest competition (XBONE..) cough.. cough... You dont need to spend money on stupid shows like Nintendo direct or XO mexico.....

14. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Imagine spending a premium for the enhanced top tier version of a current gen console so the premiere game of the elite version of the system runs at a "solid 30 fps" as if that is a positive note
    You talked about cancerous, that's the perfect word indeed. Lacking self awareness in what you yourself just typed is also fitting here. Try to read it again out loud.

15. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    $350 is a premium? haha imagine spending over $1000 on a PC that doesn't have games that look as good as Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4 or God Of War produced on a $350 machine.

Delusional.

16. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Good, last years was awful. A ton of people paid to watch a couple dudes sit on a couch onstage and all they did was shoot the shit for an hour and they announced like 1 game. Unbelievable.

DarthDub likes this.
  17. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You're joking, right? Cinematic effects are cool and all, but they can only do so much to distract from the actual quality of textures. Always low-mid on consoles. PS4 has some really fun singleplayer titles, but if we're comparing looks then PC is the undisputed winner. Max textures and effects quality at 60+ FPS makes a world of difference in any game.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 30, 2018
  18. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Don't forget IGN's cringy top ten video game list they had.

19. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 28, 2015
    And.... I don't give a crap how many consoles sell.

It's been proven when Nintendo sell shit loads, they never get the great third party support and Nintendo keep promising to improve, but but never happens because they never provide the hardware for them to run its new titles and it takes them longer to dumb it down hence why Nintendo always get the games later after it's already been released on the other systems.

I only care about the games, as long as the console has the quality titles I play then who cares if the console sold less units than another system.

All I can say is that since the n64 Nintendo have got worse and when it gets third party titles it's either when nintendont release it's next gen or years after it first released and is an inferior port.

20. This reassures PS5 will likely be announced in 2019 and makes buying now a PS4 or a PS4 Pro a tad pointless. Might as well wait for a price drop.