PlayStation exclusive "Dreams" to get limited early access release this spring

Dreams_logo.jpg

Dreams is a PlayStation 4 exclusive made by Media Molecule, the developers of Tearaway and LittleBigPlanet. The game offers a unique experience that allows you to make various games from within the sandbox, using its creation tools. Originally teased as a tech demo in 2013, and fully unveiled in 2014, Dreams was slated for release last year, but found itself delayed into 2019. A recent private beta occurred this January, where players could finally try it out. Before the game fully launches, however, Media Molecule will be releasing an early access version later this spring. Set at $29.99, Dream's early access build will offer all the same creation tools that the full game will, along with multiple tutorials. More content will slowly be added as the final release date approaches. This will only be offered for a limited amount of time, so that the most dedicated of fans can start playing early, helping generate levels that will be playable for launch day, and to assist in giving development feedback. Media Molecule did not announce a timeframe for when early access sales will go live, but they have a sign-up notification linked here.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So it's Project Spark but Sony instead of M$. Could be fun, I did give Project Spark a quick go but I didn't spend much time on it.
I seem to recall Project Spark was also in beta/early access initially (although it was free, gg MS)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I know that most games requires ps plus for online. Is this one of the games who will require it as well? I think the answer will be yes but I wanted to check anyway if anyone heard something.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Question, I know that most games requires ps plus for online. Is this one of the games who will require it as well? I think the answer will be yes but I wanted to check anyway if anyone heard something.
Looks like playing levels won't require PS+, but playing levels with friends will. You can also play the beta/ea without PS+.

Reactions: kingtut

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ohh, you made a portal news about it :)
I posted the information yesterday too, but nobody cared. I felt alone in that thread...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dreams-ps4.504332/

I linked to few videos, pictures and streams, if you never heard of Dreams before, be sure to check the latest recorded streams on Twitch (since December 20th), every week they displayed the new user's creations.
I've been following the developers and all their streamings for years.

The game was in closed beta for 1.5month, and I'm just amazed at all the creations and project users made in just a few days. 1-2 day to learn the tools, and there are already awesome ideas, games, music, etc.
I didn't ask for the closed beta, because I didn't have time to create games or any projects, but I regret it because I could have played all the other player's levels.

Media molecule team is great, they are open to discussion and always helped users and shared their knowledge, made tutorials, etc.
They expect the early access to be the same, with nice people sharing and helping each others, and being close to them for any possible improvements.
I'm happy for the early release and want to get it. and 30$€ only is cheap for this game (I thought it would be 60-100$), and if you get the early access version no additional fee will be asked when the game officially get release later this year.
Even if you don't plan to create anything, it's a good price to test all user's creations. Only problem is the early access will not be available in all countries, and they will close it when they have enough user base.

Don't worry, you don't need to register to get a link or code, the early access will be publicly available on PSN this spring, just not for long. I'll post here when I know about it ;)

idk man lbp3 kinda left a bad taste for another lbp
That's the thing, LBP3 was NOT developed by that studio (media molecule). They sold their IP to Sumo Digital, and they don't have anything to do with the 3rd game (full of bugs).
they still have people asking for help and bug fix, but they can't do anything about it.

Looks like playing levels won't require PS+, but playing levels with friends will. You can also play the beta/ea without PS+.
ah, you are right, I didn't thought about the multiplayer part. like most other games, PS+ is needed for multiplayer.
so far, I saw 2 and 4 couch-multiplayer games in dreams. even beta had two players games created by users.

Online multiplayer was not included in the beta, and probably will not be in the early access either. same as PSVR support, planed for final release. or probably will be added along the access when ready, while waiting for the official release which will have everything.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Darksabre72

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol