Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand it’s “classic” but to omit analog, scan lines, and decent games just leads me to think that either there will be a second or even third version featuring different peripherals and games, or (more likely) the hackers will DEFINITELY do what nintendont... I mean sonydont XD.

Use any usb controller, add any games you want, external hdd support... cough.. aim track or dolphin bar... cough... would be great :)

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand it’s “classic” but to omit analog, scan lines, and decent games just leads me to think that either there will be a second or even third version featuring different peripherals and games, or (more likely) the hackers will DEFINITELY do what nintendont... I mean sonydont XD.

Use any usb controller, add any games you want, external hdd support... cough.. aim track or dolphin bar... cough... would be great :)
this is all very valid and well thought out criticism. A lot of people seem to go banana's over the emulator being used but the lack of some honest to goodness basic features hurts this device more than anything. still i think its only going to be a matter of time before people correct the issues with this unit.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on a "Wait and see" mentality. It does seem that Sony has not put in the touches that Nintendo did and the collection of games available is... not exactly the classics. Plus Sony has a long history of locking things down tighter than a nun's knickers so there's no guarantee or it might be a while before we see improvements.

I got to be honest, pretty much ALL of the micro consoles made in response to the NES and SNES classics have been a bit disappointing.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

Scanlines never look right on emulators. Looks nothing like what a CRT does.

Most people don’t own Analogue TV’s anymore. So they are sticking with HDMI. Anolouge is only for enthusiasts.

ameisenmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So some hackers must have received the PS Classic by now and taken it apart bit by bit. So why ist there still no info about its hackableness? I am a little bit unpatient here :) USB Host Mod would be cool!
I run PCSX in my Snes Mini already with about 140 games and performance and compatibility is really nice I think!

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Most people don’t own Analogue TV’s anymore. So they are sticking with HDMI. Anolouge is only for enthusiasts.

Yep,i own 2x 14'' sony trinitron crt and 1x 32'' sony trinitron and 3x sony 2730qm Pvm monitor special for retro consoles.
And i have a lot of retro game consoles.
Its just better to play for example a psx on a crt then on a hdmi tv,like its better to play for example ps3 on hdmi.

Reactions: Vorde

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

That's because TVs used triad sub-pixel grouping. LCDs use a uniform grouping. Except for Samsung, their LCDs use the triad approach, making pixel art look kinda shitty.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So some hackers must have received the PS Classic by now and taken it apart bit by bit. So why ist there still no info about its hackableness? I am a little bit unpatient here :) USB Host Mod would be cool!
I run PCSX in my Snes Mini already with about 140 games and performance and compatibility is really nice I think!

Nice love a copy of your setup to put on mine lol hint hint hint shhhhh

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno, I have a hacked PSTV with dualshocks 3 controllers....it still a Sony pruduct, the controllers are basically DualShocks 1 and the emulation is better, you can put a 128GB mini USB Flash drive. Unless hackers make it better than a PSTV I don't see a reason to ever buy one.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
That's because TVs used triad sub-pixel grouping. LCDs use a uniform grouping. Except for Samsung, their LCDs use the triad approach, making pixel art look kinda shitty.
If they used Shadow Mask. I have a Sony PVM and it’s Apature Grill.

There are shaders for both types but they don’t look like my PVM.

I have a Samsung LCD. It’s a VA panel and it has straight rectangle pixels. I don’t know what you mean by triad approach, since pixles on many VA, TN, and IPS is triad RGB unless you want the diamond approach.

Last edited by SG854,

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oof.... I felt that. i just booted some of the pal games and it does feel jarring. ugghhhhh....
its sad cuz for 5 minutes i did feel nostalgic. it even had the good ol new psone smell :P
time to shove a screw driver to this thing and see whats up.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over