Gaming PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale CONFIRMED!

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has been announced. The latest episode of GameTrailers TV today confirmed long-standing rumors that SuperBot Entertainment has been working on the title.
Go see some gameplay NOW
http://gamingeverything.com/
What did you think?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda? Its an absolute rip off!

Ok sure Nintendo didn't invent the all star character fighter but from the screens they've not even bothered to come up with their own style! Its like what Gameloft would do.

Still looks like it'll be a great game, just a shame the devs didn't come up with their own style.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
This is such an obvious rip off, they didn't bother to bring something new at all, as much as I disliked the gameplay in brawl I don't think this will be a worthy competitor to the next SSB installment judging from how fast and balanced the gameplay in KI:U was.
If the videos currently available are any indication it will definitely lack in the music department which is something that made the SSB titles so memorable for me, well unless they include a PaRappa stage haha.

The reason to why I'm so critical is because it's a completely new studio and it doesn't look like they've put much work into it.
To be honest it sounds like a quick cash in form Sony's part, mainly because of how he says Sony specifically told them how they wanted their fighter to be like.

Also inb4guildsaysit'sbetterthansmashbros

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a competitive Super Smash Bros player: This game looks like crap so far. Smash Bros makes a good fighter because of the damage/weight system and how that modifies hitstun and allows for juggles.

Combining Smash Bros' platformer-like play style with a standard stamina style system is just going to result in a bad fighter that casuals button mash on. *cough*TMNT*cough*

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd post this here:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1224051p1.html

Rumor is that Ico or Yorda will be in PASBR.

(Side note: PASBR is pronounced "Paz bar", insert your Peace Walker Photoshops here).

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
Clicked that article thought it would be worth quoting one of the IGN user's comments

"It is the same general sub genre of game yes -- but that's exactly what it is. The similarities to Smash Bros is undeniable, but that's because THAT IS THE GENRE, it's not a Smash Bros ripoff, it's just another entry into the genre that was popularized into the mainstream by Smash Bros (don't forget there have been many other games similar to the Smash Bros style in the past, recently and before Smash Bros as well).

It's like saying that every First Person Shooter is a cookie cutter copy of Wolfenstein 3D.
are they similar? yes, but that's because they're part of the same sub genre of games, of course they're similar! The only difference is that the sub genre that All-Stars and Smash Bros fits into hasn't been exploited/explored as much as other sub genres like FPS'."

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also a rumor that Cole from inFamous will be in it, seeing as some mo-cap work has been done with the character but not for inFamous apparently. So it's either this or like Tekken x Street Fighter (if that's even still a thing).

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
There's also a rumor that Cole from inFamous will be in it, seeing as some mo-cap work has been done with the character but not for inFamous apparently. So it's either this or like Tekken x Street Fighter (if that's even still a thing).

hmmmm Cole fits in perfectly tbh, still kind of interested in seeing how this will turn out, if theres a demo i'll use that before i buy if not i guess it's YouTube.

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem a bit fanboyish, but it's too funny not to show.

264473c6.png

KaitoTheRamenBan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Likes/Dislikes ratio seemed to have balanced out eventually.
I might pick up this game only because of the Patapon stage and Parappa the Rapper
However, I will (opinionly) disagree with God of War being the best looking game on the planet

Because Asura's Wrath

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2