Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you can't remember, ages ago there was a rumour (a good one, with pictures) about a PS3 fighting game starring Playstation exclusive characters tentatively named Title Fight developed by SuperBot Entertainment which died out quickly.

Sony has registered a domain called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale which shows the rumour possibly is true. This Thursday, Spike TV are announcing a new PS3 exclusive which is 99% this.

There's hardly nothing in the source, just a long link with 'click here to proceed'. I'm guessing it's a date of birth confirmation page required by rating boards.

http://playstational...ttleroyale.com/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a few days since they announced this and still its a shit name. I'll be curious to see what this game looks like, but I expect that with the game, Sony would do what Nintendoes better.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: 2 people

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just wonder how they will make this.

smash bros like? probably not xD

like street fighter? and piss off tekken fans
like tekken? and piss off street fighter fans
like soul calibur? piss off both street fighter and tekken fans
like virtua fighter? and virtually piss off everyone BUT virtua fighter fans

or like ehrgeiz, the game that got famous just for its ff7 cameo chars

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like they are trying to make a SSB game to me :unsure:
because nintendo was the first to make these types of games

be quiet
Oh you be quiet, its clear that SSB is Sony's inspiration. I'd doubt they were looking at SNK/Capcom Vs games.

You're such a twat Prowler :P

Anyway we had this crossover shit sine the Marvel/DC comics years so Nintendo/Capcom/whoever ripped them off

Reactions: 4 people

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo just happen to make them popular.
Capcom vs. ______

Christ.
I think you are wrong there.
Capcom vs. games are not the same as SSB, they are both fighters who pit different video games (comics and anime in some cases) characters against each others.
But SSB uses Nintendo characters (up until SSBB, which invited Snake and Sonic to the party, but Snake did make his start on the NES, and Sonic is low on cash. Turns out I was wrong there) Thus making it Nintendo exclusive characters fighting against each other. It's clear that Sony is looking at Nintendo for this next game.
Where as the Capcom vs. games are two different companies having their characters fight against each other. In other words, Capcom's exclusives and other company's exclusives in one fighting game.
If you can't remember, ages ago there was a rumour (a good one, with pictures) about a PS3 fighting game starring Playstation exclusive characters tentatively named Title Fight developed by SuperBot Entertainment which died out quickly.

Sony has registered a domain called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale which shows the rumour possibly is true. This Thursday, Spike TV are announcing a new PS3 exclusive which is 99% this.

There's hardly nothing in the source, just a long link with 'click here to proceed'. I'm guessing it's a date of birth confirmation page required by rating boards.

http://playstational...ttleroyale.com/
Sounds like they borrowed something from Nintendo there.

Reactions: 1 person

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo just happen to make them popular.
Capcom vs. ______

Christ.
Cvs... Series is imo just a variation of SF or DS essentially... SSB is way different though who knows how this will play out.

Don`t know which memorable characters could be in it aside of Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, Jak and Rachet!

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom vs. games are not the same as SSB, they are both fighters who pit different video games (comics and anime in some cases) characters against each others.
But SSB uses Nintendo characters (up until SSBB, which invited Snake and Sonic to the party, but Snake did make his start on the NES, and Sonic is low on cash.) Thus making it Nintendo exclusive characters fighting against each other. It's clear that Sony is looking at Nintendo for this next game.
Where as the Capcom vs. games are two different companies having their characters fight against each other. In other words, Capcom's exclusives and other company's exclusives in one fighting game.

So you're argument is "Nintendo only uses Nintendo characters" while Capcom vs. games "only use Capcom characters and another franchise". My point was that Capcom vs. games are still featuring crossovers from their franchises. And they do. But with another franchise.

By some mathematical formula this proves that Capcom vs. games are better than Super Smash Bros. Suck it Nintendo.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
but Snake did make his start on the NES
can i just laugh right now
it was released on the MSX first.

you're showing your fanboy.
I did not know that, I never owned an MSX, so I never payed my mind to it, nor did I ever really play any of the Metal Gear games. As for Nintendo fanboy, I won't go as far as calling me that. I didn't know something and made a mistake. We all aren't as perfect as you, prowler.

Reactions: 1 person

matt382

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just wondering what characters would appear. Do Sony have enough exclusive characters for a fighting game?

And about copying SSB.. Does it really matter. Even if they make an exact clone would it effect SSB in any way... Some people ¬_¬

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but Snake did make his start on the NES
can i just laugh right now
it was released on the MSX first.

you're showing your fanboy.
It never appeared on MSX. It was on MSX2 though. :P

Technically the series started on a Microsoft platform first, though Sony, Toshiba & Yamaha did their own models too.

The NES "port" didn't even have Kojima working on it plus that version was shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2