PlayStation 5 Showcase announced for next week

ps5 event.JPG

After Xbox's impromptu announcement of its affordable Xbox Series S console, pricing and release dates of its next-gen consoles, Sony is following suit. The console maker has announced that a PlayStation 5 Showcase event will be aired next week:

While not much details was provided regarding the content of this broadcast, we can expect Sony to announce the release date and pricing of the PS5 to follow up Xbox's announcements. The PlayStation 5 Showcase airs live this Wednesday at 1pm Pacific Time. Will you be tuning in? What news do you expect out of this event?

:arrow: SOURCE

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
$499 for the main, $425-$450 for the digital only console is my bet for pricing, though I'd love to see me be wrong on digital only and it end up being cheaper. $399 for digital only would be a killer deal, given that you're still getting the full hardware, just no disc drive, but I don't think removing a BD drive would knock $100 off, so not expecting it myself.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks promising, I hope its $349 and $399 each...
Hmmmm.... I am not sure about that.
In the one hand, I would love SONY yo break their back to give such prices... I will get one immediately.
In the other hand, what good is getting the console day 1 if SONY goes bankrupt and there's no further support for the console.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
While not much details was provided regarding the content of this broadcast

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/12/watch-live-playstation-5-showcase-on-wednesday-september-16/

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

I think this is much enough to debunk next statements.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

gameplayswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think the PS5 is going to sell as well as PS4... it so white and not sleek looking
Controller is the worst looking. (cheap plastiky design)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't think the PS5 is going to sell as well as PS4... it so white and not sleek looking
Controller is the worst looking. (cheap plastiky design)
Meh, the PS4 also looks like shit... Like a cheap skewed board with sharp unsanded edges.
To be honest, looks mean nothing. I mean, both the Xbox One S and Xbox One X look miles better than any PS4 console, and look at their sales numbers.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony most likely is going to sell the PS5 at $400 and the digital version at $300. They want to get the edge over Microsoft if they sell it at the same price then sales are going to be pretty even. Microsoft should have waited after Sony released their price

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I tried to get in before people started making price guesses. How about something else? The price has already been guessed by everyone in multiple other topics.
Oh, I like that feature where PS5 can play PS5 game. It really make PS5 stand out among it competitor. It's really a unique feature that no other console can imitate.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony most likely is going to sell the PS5 at $400 and the digital version at $300. They want to get the edge over Microsoft if they sell it at the same price then sales are going to be pretty even. Microsoft should have waited after Sony released their price

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope Sony would love to be cheaper than Microsoft, likewise everyone wants the consoles to be cheap, but this is a VERY different thing to what they're actually able to do.

I doubt Sony will heavily discount (even thought they're breaking profit, they'll claim yet again that they aren't), they are already heavily outgunned and out done by Microsoft.

If Microsoft actually manage to get their studios making good games this time, they beaten Sony to everything, lea ing Sony with only their brand.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've obviously held off until Micrisift have unveiled, they are likely worried as Micrisoft having been firing on all cylinders.

Not sure what Sony can do other than throw a load of spin, if Microsoft fluff the games again, Sony will not be too bad off, but it looks as though Microsoft are actually becoming competent.

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can’t put the same price as the Xbox! Is a less powerful console

Maybe $399 is a good price and $299 for the only digital

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1