PlayStation 5 Showcase announced for next week

ps5 event.JPG

After Xbox's impromptu announcement of its affordable Xbox Series S console, pricing and release dates of its next-gen consoles, Sony is following suit. The console maker has announced that a PlayStation 5 Showcase event will be aired next week:

While not much details was provided regarding the content of this broadcast, we can expect Sony to announce the release date and pricing of the PS5 to follow up Xbox's announcements. The PlayStation 5 Showcase airs live this Wednesday at 1pm Pacific Time. Will you be tuning in? What news do you expect out of this event?

:arrow: SOURCE

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have to worry about it, as all Xbox One games will run out of the box on the Series X with no problem or whatsoever..

Still can't understand why do many hate from ps fanboys..

Last edited by PROTOBOY,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have to worry about it, as all Xbox One games will run out of the box on the Series X with no problem or whatsoever..

Still can't understand why do many hate from ps fanboys..
I don't know what you mean?
Is somebody harassing you? What hate?
Xbox backwards compatibility has been and will probably always be better than PlayStation's. And the way Xbox improves games, I'm not sure Sony will ever do that.

You really shouldn't worry about that. And I don't think anybody suggested so.

That said, to me you look as the person that brings hate to people that want to get a PlayStation, but I don't know why... why should you care what others want instead of focusing on your own preferences?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd be right to doubt it - core hardware specs for consoles are locked in long before anything goes public.

Yep, I'm well aware of this, one of the reasons I doubt it. The rumour is as there was a "leak" a while back with lower clocks, Sony were supposedly surprised by Microsoft specs and now revealed the specs, with higher clocks.

It's totally feasible to make changes, but I can't really see them doing this, they'd have to be extremely desperate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS1 #1: developed disc read errors and started damaging the label side of games
PS1 #2, 3, and 4: Disc read error

PS2 #1 and 2: Surprise, disc read error
PS2 #3: bought a pre-mod unit. started having the same issue happening again. Seller was at least willing to let me send it back for repairs. According to them, on the last day of testing, the disc drive itself shattered to pieces. Thus, they chose to eat the cost to transfer the chip over to another one and re-cap the console, which is...
PS2 #4: Somehow, still working after all these years.

PS3 #1: gouged dents into the bluray of MGS 4, so I was only able to finish the game... once.
PS3 #2: was already overheating at the XMB, and was at max fan launching ANY game or demo.
PS3 #3: my brother sent me his BC unit, and a new copy of MGS 4 from the bundle he bought with the money I sent him. Worked for about a month, before I started having "red snow" on the screen... effing GPU failure.
PS3 #4: Sent #3 to Sony, to the tune of $150 demanded from me. Given the reports that some people were sending in defective BC units and getting back neutered ones, I was concerned. Thankfully, did get another BC model back. Lasted me a good while, until Sony decided to ban my account and console. Weird, since I don't even play online; all I ever did online was sync trophies. Died from Ylod
PS3 #5: A rescued 20gig model I picked up that I was able to reflow back to life. Accidentally fubar the bd drive's sensor, and had to wait a while before I was able to find and get a replacement bd drive. Never took this one online. Yet just as I get it into FSM and was ready to undergo the process to re-marry the BD drive, ylod.
PS3 #6: my first slim. CFW, at least... but still missing functionality because it's a neutered unit. Everyone and their dog keeps saying I can load PSP games on it and those PSOne Classic eboots, but have yet to figure out how.

PSP #1: picked up a white go model. Amusingly, not only was it already on CFW but it already had some games I would have wanted pre-loaded on it. The proprietary connector on the unit got damaged somehow, and a part of it broke off, thus could no longer detect the cable. Nuts.
PSP #2: Exchanged #1 for this. Within a week, the charging cable also went back. Tried a new cable, and that worked. That said, the bugger was increasingly obvious it was too small for my hands. Eventually, the battery just wouldn't hold a charge or let me turn on the system anymore, so I gave it to a friend who claimed they still wanted it.
PSP #3: a more "standard" model I picked up. As trying to repair the UMD drive, and my soldering iron knocked off one of the caps and it refused to turn on again. This one, I can admit is my fault.
PSP #4: Broken screen and eventually wouldn't respond to the power slider, either.
PSP #5: Was in rough shape, finally found a good shell, but had a simultaneous failure of the screen and the touch bar (buttons below the screen won't register a press anymore). It'll turn on; I can hear it turning on, but I can only see a third of the screen and none of the button bar buttons work anymore. Probably just going to chuck it, idk.
PSP #6: My first PSP 1000 series, ever. And after some testing, the first ever PSP with a working UMD drive.

On the flip side, I've never had a new original Xbox, yet I've been able to successfully revive about four of them (two failures, but those I know I screwed up). My made-in-2006 Xbox 360 still works, and I was able to successfully revive another white model. I was about to try and revive an Xbox One S a neighbor was about to chuck out, but upon opening it, I found straight away that they somehow severed the HDMI port from the board; on the other, I was able to re-use the 2tb hdd it came with elsewhere.

I said this years ago, but Sony fanboys ahoy me down (I owned every Sony console and had never owned a Microsoft console).

PS3 failure rates were extremely high, Sony threatened legal action against those who reported in it and buried it all.

Given the fact that I quite clearly stated Sony consoles are not free from defect and can go out at any given time like any other electronic device, I'd have to question who the one failing to understand is. People had some defective PS3's. It happens, you know, out of millions of consoles worldwide? Some will fail. Absolutely. But again... it's not even comparable whatsoever to the RRoD issue that the 360's had and you're highly exaggerating it to seem like Sony had widespread problems. When they didn't. You're the one making the abnormal claims here, not me. M'kay? Bye now. Nothing left to say to you on the matter.

I don't want to wander into the middle of a standoff and be gunned down, but the failure ratew WERE VERY high - VERY.

Like I said, reports were made, Sony threatened lawsuits and the media backed off, not sure why.

I had 3 PS3 consoles fail within a couple of year (all well looked after, no smoke, obstructions, etc). Of every person I know who had a PS3 (a fair few too) ALL failed - ALL.

I'm not everyone, so this statistic is not applicable worldwide, but it doesn't look good. Then when you went online and saw the problems too....

I owned every Sony console, but no more, a family member bought one, but not anymore, illegal business practices is actually what did it for me.

Reactions: PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, I'm well aware of this, one of the reasons I doubt it. The rumour is as there was a "leak" a while back with lower clocks, Sony were supposedly surprised by Microsoft specs and now revealed the specs, with higher clocks.

It's totally feasible to make changes, but I can't really see them doing this, they'd have to be extremely desperate.

I said this years ago, but Sony fanboys ahoy me down (I owned every Sony console and had never owned a Microsoft console).

PS3 failure rates were extremely high, Sony threatened legal action against those who reported in it and buried it all.

I don't want to wander into the middle of a standoff and be gunned down, but the failure ratew WERE VERY high - VERY.

Like I said, reports were made, Sony threatened lawsuits and the media backed off, not sure why.

I had 3 PS3 consoles fail within a couple of year (all well looked after, no smoke, obstructions, etc). Of every person I know who had a PS3 (a fair few too) ALL failed - ALL.

I'm not everyone, so this statistic is not applicable worldwide, but it doesn't look good. Then when you went online and saw the problems too....

I owned every Sony console, but no more, a family member bought one, but not anymore, illegal business practices is actually what did it for me.

While my Xbox 360 Slim which I bought back in 2014 still working flawlessly.. Even the gamepads are intact, despite their thumbsticks rubber in poor condition due of so many years of use.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While my Xbox 360 Slim which I bought back in 2014 still working flawlessly.. Even the gamepads are intact, despite their thumbsticks rubber in poor condition due of so many years of use.

So then what about EVERY SINGLE 360 controller I have purchased has had HORRIBLE leftt stick drift, even brand new right out of the retail packaging. And also the rubber on the thumbstick thing. Have never had one single issue, ever, with ANY Playstation control from PS1 to PS4. No drift, no worn out sticks. Notta. Must mean 360 pads were/are complete garbage and PS pads are king!!! You know, cuz that's my experience.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So then what about EVERY SINGLE 360 controller I have purchased has had HORRIBLE leftt stick drift, even brand new right out of the retail packaging. And also the rubber on the thumbstick thing. Have never had one single issue, ever, with ANY Playstation control from PS1 to PS4. No drift, no worn out sticks. Notta. Must mean 360 pads were/are complete garbage and PS pads are king!!! You know, cuz that's my experience.

So why all ps gamepads breaks easy and never lasts long??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: