A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Now i put this in off topic, because i feel it hardly clarifies as news. however, let me explain my source. a few days ago rayder posted a link to a very lengthy article talking about piracy. http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html
now in this article, it mentions this quite casually:

"Similarly, Crytek has recently said that CryEngine 3, the next version of what was once a high-end PC-specific gaming engine, will now be targeted for the console, specifically the PlayStation 4 due out in 2011-12."

and this is his source: http://www.edge-online.com/news/gc-asia-cr...d-playstation-4

what u guys make of this?

now personally, i think it makes no sense to release the ps4 so soon, as sony stated they wanted the ps3 to go on for a 10 year cycle.

edit: mod identified =D

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats a nice piece of info but imagine when the ps4 does release it would have tight security no piracy at all beacuse u know waht situation we are at in hacking the ps3 but still the graphics by then would be amazing

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rockstar99 said:
Thats a nice piece of info but imagine when the ps4 does release it would have tight security no piracy at all beacuse u know waht situation we are at in hacking the ps3 but still the graphics by then would be amazing

No piracy at all?
Impossible, there are always mistakes made.
It are still people who design the consoles, those people make mistakes (as we all do) , simple as that.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
rockstar99 said:

No piracy at all?
Impossible, there are always mistakes made.
It are still people who design the consoles, those people make mistakes (as we all do) , simple as that.
yeah no piracy at all is impossible, but look at the ps3 now. it's actually cheaper to buy the bloody games rather than pirate xD

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
megawalk said:
of course. ps3 sells bad =/
tho i would like to have a ps3 but it just doesn't sell good.
ps3 just needs better games, not new hardware. (aka publishers need to stop making cheap shovelware for the wii, and start producing gold for the ps3, but that aint happening
frown.gif
)

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
da_head said:
megawalk said:
ps3 just needs better games, not new hardware. (aka publishers need to stop making cheap shovelware for the wii, and start producing gold for the ps3, but that aint happening
frown.gif
)

its because of the
bow.gif
Wii
bow.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
megawalk said:
frown.gif
)

Publishers publish games, developers make the games.

Sony needs to start paying developers to develop gold for the PS3.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
da_head said:
megawalk said:
frown.gif
)

Publishers publish games, developers make the games.

Sony needs to start paying developers to develop gold for the PS3.
that's what i meant
smileipb2.png

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well a PS4 coming out in 2012 isnt that far fetched. We will definitely see a new xbox by then, and when that comes its obviously going to be a powerhouse compared to this gens systems. And dont forget Sony probably wont do a MS and drop support straight away for the PS3 when they release a new system, so a ten year lifespan, running concurrently with the PS4 makes sense. So its not impossible to see a PS4 in three years time, which is an eternity technology wise these days.

da_head said:
megawalk said:
frown.gif
)

Thats true, Ive got all three systems and when you look at Killzone 2, a game that has had great effort put into it specifically for the PS3 hardware, it really blows every other console game out of the water. Honestly its the best looking console game ever made by a long way. When you first play it and watch the opening cut scene, and see the transition from cut scene to gameplay you cant help go "wow." I thought the PS3 was a little weaker graphically compared to the 360 until I got Killzone, now having played it I know the PS3 is at least worthy of all the hype it got. Its really capable of amazing things. It just needs effort put into it to get the results its capable of.

Skye07

Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You guys are kinda wrong on the zOMG no new playstation cuz they said the PS3 will be 8-10 for a lifecycle. You're forgetting the playstation 2 is still standing strong and isn't at 10 years yet while the PS3 is released. So, saying Sony is not going to release another PS before the PS3 is 8 years old is a misinterpretation of their statement.

In my opinion it is perfectly possible that Sony will release another playstation by 2011-2012 to keep up with MS and Nintendo next gen machines which are probably going to be released around that time.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Well a PS4 coming out in 2012 isnt that far fetched. We will definitely see a new xbox by then, and when that comes its obviously going to be a powerhouse compared to this gens systems. And dont forget Sony probably wont do a MS and drop support straight away for the PS3 when they release a new system, so a ten year lifespan, running concurrently with the PS4 makes sense. So its not impossible to see a PS4 in three years time, which is an eternity technology wise these days.

da_head said:
megawalk said:
frown.gif
)

Thats true, Ive got all three systems and when you look at Killzone 2, a game that has had great effort put into it specifically for the PS3 hardware, it really blows every other console game out of the water. Honestly its the best looking console game ever made by a long way. When you first play it and watch the opening cut scene, and see the transition from cut scene to gameplay you cant help go "wow." I thought the PS3 was a little weaker graphically compared to the 360 until I got Killzone, now having played it I know the PS3 is at least worthy of all the hype it got. Its really capable of amazing things. It just needs effort put into it to get the results its capable of.
mainly because no one wanted to bother taking advantage of the hardware
bethesda sort of did with fallout 3 and oblivion (the PS3 ver has better gfx then the 360 counter parts) and a few other companies
and of course the first party companies are starting to now

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have been here a few years, and I post a good deal, but I'm kind of casual on what I do. I do want to say though that the 2011-12 bit is a hard fantasy guess. I formerly am of the gaming ind in dev and media, brother is a producer working on PS3 projects and stuff currently so I get word under the table. PS3 as of this date still loses a slight bit of money on that $400 unit, nearly finally breaking even, but not yet which is why THQ coincidentally in the press today said they don't think they'll lower the price at E3 but around Christmas which is logical.

Sony is finally making HUGE strides with increased sales on a global level, hell they're up 288% in Japan from a year ago. They're finally just now beginning to make money on the system, but they've been in the hole so damn long they can't afford to bail on the system that soon. They wanted a 10 year life with it like the 10 year the PS2 got and change, but they want it independently on the shelf longer than the PS2 did for like what 6 years? They need to make up their losses as they lost so damn much money they've had to scale back, shut up places, and fire people too. They also when they designed the PS3 actually if you get into the meat of the system can do far far more than the 360 is capable at a hardware level, but it's a pain to figure it out just like PS2 was for the trickier stuff. They intend to keep that on the market long as it's level it would take to peek out could easily withstand a 2nd Wii HD system or a revised upgraded MS device too. PS4 had been in R&D along with a PSP2, both were stopped due to lack of funds. PSP2 was scrapped and they went with that PSP Go! rumor(it's not all rumor, that PSP4K model is real) and the PS4 R&D I haven't heard has come back online so that's still likely in mothballs too.

With the economy in the crapper and money tight, odds are this generation isn't going to get screwed into a short close by the dolts at MS who did that cockpunching to xbox users icing it overnight for the 360 to get the lead. They don't want to give up teh 360s movement, Sony was losing so long they can't do it, and well the Wii is cheap and plentiful in profit so until that wanes badly on a global level don't expect a sequel to that either. I'd bet you at the very very earliest you'll see a Christmas 2012 launch or something in 2013 this time around giving a 6-7year life span on these things.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the Playstation 4 comes out, that's when I'll probably be buying games for my triple. I've had my eyes on Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 so I can kick Kira's ass with Master Asia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father