PlayStation 4 system software 6.70 now available

5850905_sd.jpg

A brand new official firmware for the PlayStation 4 has just been released by Sony. System version 6.70 seems to be yet another "stability" update, bringing no new features for the end user with it. Not much is known about what's been changed internally at the moment and, as such, users interested in any currently available or future exploits should avoid updating their console. The official changelog for the update reads as follows:

Main features in system software update 6.70
This system software update improves system performance.

This news post will be kept up to date with any relevant info about any vulnerability fixes, notable changes and other info useful for hacking & homebrew.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by RattletraPM,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish they'd fix the issues with their server side databases - my "played games" list seemed to 'roll back' over 12 months, losing a significant amount of games played on my account (trophies are unaffected), and in some cases relaunching the missing games doesn't get them to reappear in the list... plus their Twitter based customer service is a joke - I tweeted them several times about the issue and had no response at all.

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to hate how sluggish the "TV & Video" app would be when opening it up then what I think was the 6.51 update moderately sped up the whole section on boot. I imagine it's a minor tweak of that kind, though what I want is for Plex to stop crashing when my wifi cuts out.

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are people bitching and moaning about stability?
I never had a crash on my ps4, and i played quite a bit of games on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1