PlayStation 4 firmware version 7.00 to go live this week, adds remote play enhancements

7INxpf4.png

A new PlayStation 4 firmware update is on the horizon. Releasing later this week is firmware 7.00, which will bring two new improvements to the table: remote play enhancements and larger Party groups. PS4 Remote Play will be usable on any Android device running 5.0 and higher, while the preexisting Remote Play App on iOS has gotten an update to allow for users to have onscreen controls displayed at all times. DualShock 4 controllers can officially connect to any mobile device running Android 10 or iOS 13. The Party function on PlayStation 4 will get an increase from a maximum number of 8 players to 16, while also receiving upgrades to both network and audio quality between communications online.

Party Feature Update
For PS4 fans who love to play alongside their friends or other community members, the Party feature has been rebuilt to include new features and services including:

• Maximum number of Party users increased from 8 to 16
  • Network connectivity improved
  • Audio quality improved
  • Accessibility support with Chat Transcription has been added (US Only)
Within the Party feature, you will experience better network connectivity and audio quality. The improved back-end now improves network connectivity and allows users to overcome connectivity issues previously experienced when connecting with other users.

Lastly, the Party App will also offer a new Chat Transcription feature for US users via the PS4 Second Screen App on your smartphone or other mobile devices. The new feature supports US English and converts party voice chat to text, or enables you to enter text that is read aloud to other party members. If using your mobile device to connect to your PS4 during a Party, you will now see a new Party tab has been added where the new functionality is available.

Remote Play
For those who want to stream select PS4 games on mobile devices, Remote Play can now be used on smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 or higher. Just download the PS4 Remote Play App from the Google Play store to use the feature.

Meanwhile, for iPhone or iPad users, the Remote Play App has been updated so you can now display the controller at all times and lock the screen orientation.

Also, players will be able to use their DualShock 4 wireless controllers via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an Android, iPhone, iPad, and Mac. All you need to do is update to Android 10, iOS 13, iPadOS 13, or macOS Catalina (releasing in October) to use this feature.

As a reminder, a PS4 system with a wired connection via a LAN cable is recommended.

:arrow: Source

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"PS4 Remote Play will be usable on any Android device running 5.0 and higher"

Says my 5.0 tablet is unsupported. Maybe the app has an update pending?

Reactions: NoNAND

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel this is for me who had a ps4 who doesnt want to show image sometimes and just now it fixed itself again after months...

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"PS4 Remote Play will be usable on any Android device running 5.0 and higher"

Says my 5.0 tablet is unsupported. Maybe the app has an update pending?

I don't think this update has hit yet, it's "on the horizon".
I am looking forward to this feature. I ALMOST bought an xperia phone just for this but instead have just been using my Vita to remote play in my house. Works really well with MU-MIMO tech enabled router I've found.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
New Kernal exploit hope? Nvrm Sony knows how their shit gets hacked. You can thank the Youtubers for that.
That is something very dumb, what you said there.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is something very dumb, what you said there.
The funny thing about that.. is alot of folks on temp tend to think ppl are dumb no matter what they say. Its ok I forgive you, you just didn't get my point.
When you have many channels ranting on about "patching a firmware" that only gives Sony valid info on how to prevent such an exploit. You'll be surprised how gaming companies use YouTube for information. I mean look at Nintendo.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The funny thing about that.. is alot of folks on temp tend to think ppl are dumb no matter what they say. Its ok I forgive you, you just didn't get my point.
When you have many channels ranting on about "patching a firmware" that only gives Sony valid info on how to prevent such an exploit. You'll be surprised how gaming companies use YouTube for information. I mean look at Nintendo.

You do know many, many of the people who actually work on the exploits (aka not the youtubers that use tools made by them) have very detailed write-ups with everything related to the exploit in a much more comprehensive manner than any of those youtubers you speak of, right? There are much better ways to gather information about that than through the limited understanding most of those youtubers have .

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You do know many, many of the people who actually work on the exploits (aka not the youtubers that use tools made by them) have very detailed write-ups with everything related to the exploit in a much more comprehensive manner than any of those youtubers you speak of, right? There are much better ways to gather information about that than through the limited understanding most of those youtubers have .
uh huh but still doesn't teeter away from the fact that you have many ppl including the devs you speak of literally telling/showing Sony how they hacked their shit..

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
New Kernal exploit hope? Nvrm Sony knows how their shit gets hacked. You can thank the Youtubers for that.

Doubt there would be another one until way after EOL as devs don't want their exploit chain broken and patched out, as I'm aware private kernel exploits (higher fw) exist already.

Even then, SONY will patch it out, if another public kernel exploit surfaced in like 5 years. Vita has proved that by dropping support years ago, yet still release a fw update to thwart exploits.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt there would be another one until way after EOL as devs don't want their exploit chain broken and patched out, as I'm aware private kernel exploits (higher fw) exist already.

Even then, SONY will patch it out, if another public kernel exploit surfaced in like 5 years. Vita has proved that by dropping support years ago, yet still release a fw update to thwart exploits.
Well yeah I know that much, thats why I'm hoping 7.0 is patched so a new K-exploit will be a thing. The vita is abit different since there is a way to bypass firmware requirements to play newer games plus even if the vita got updates it didn't have many new games to accommodate it. The updates were to just kill off hacks to those foolish enough to system update. When Flow released his latest cfw support Sony dished an update like less than a day after.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have GitHub to thank for that.
That too, I know it can't be sheer coincidence that everytime someone announces an exploit or a simple hack
Sony responds with an update a day later. It happen to Flow and Mathieulh and I forget the 1st dev team that uploaded a pingpong hack via youtube.

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
That too, I know it can't be sheer coincidence that everytime someone announces an exploit or a simple hack
Sony responds with an update a day later. It happen to Flow and Mathieulh and I forget the 1st dev team that uploaded a pingpong hack via youtube.
And a lot of the exploits we've seen are webkit ones. We all know how broken webkit is, despite companies like Nintendo and Sony who continue to use it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
And a lot of the exploits we've seen are webkit ones. We all know how broken webkit is, despite companies like Nintendo and Sony who continue to use it.
I'm all for it, WebKit existing brings hope to the likes of us

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse