Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3Slim.jpg
Sony always keen to show off a newer model of their PlayStation line isn't a new thing, but designs on the FCC website show what many Japanese bloggers are assuming to be another revised PS3. Sony revised the PS3 back in 2009 into the PS3 Slim to cut down manufacturing costs, if this newer model is to help cut down price is try and help stop slow development with its underground scene is anyones guess​

http://www.maxconsol...PLAYSTATION%203

I don't know about it myself, any takers?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cheaper PS3? Sure, why not? Those that don't have it could enjoy it. The picture in the source is quite fugly due to the 3D modeling software used.. Hopefully they keep the console decorating to a minimum for the black model.. Other colors and special editions are another thing, but if I had to blend a console in a background, black is always easier than a mixed one :)

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's going be similar to the PSP models?
I really don't mind honestly, I just want a PS3 to have the glossy black finish again...

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I really don't mind honestly, I just want a PS3 to have the glossy black finish again...

I agree with you on that one. The "slim" PS3s are a wee bit smaller, and a whole lot uglier. I prefer the old models. Curves in all the right places, and a mirror finish for days... :wub:

Reactions: 2 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

I agree with you on that one. The "slim" PS3s are a wee bit smaller, and a whole lot uglier. I prefer the old models. Curves in all the right places, and a mirror finish for days... :wub:

but a nightmare to clean, i am glad the fats are gone, i was cleaning my 60gb every week because it attracted so much dust!

also expect sony to REMOVE features, not to add, after all this remodeling is to SAVE money not to improve the system overall, hopefully the blu ray drive doesn't take a quality dip, wifi version N will be removed in this version supposedly.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

but a nightmare to clean, i am glad the fats are gone, i was cleaning my 60gb every week because it attracted so much dust!

It all depends on where you live, but I agree with you, they do attract a lot of dust, and they also have the ability to attract fingerprints from across the room. I dust my living room every week though, so it's not really a problem for me, however.

Reactions: 1 person

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It all depends on where you live, but I agree with you, they do attract a lot of dust, and they also have the ability to attract fingerprints from across the room. I dust my living room every week though, so it's not really a problem for me, however.

same i hoovered often too but it didn't make a difference, i hated the fingerprints too!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wifi version N will be removed in this version supposedly.

my ignorance may show here but I never thought the ps3 had the N band to work with? only console I know that does is the 360 slim

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, I still have a fat ps3 80 gb but the fans make a lot of noise in games like dark souls, gta and god of war III. so maybe I will wait to buy a new one if this is even more silent than the ps3 slim which is sold today.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate the black gloss finish they insist on using on everything these days. I held of getting a ps3 until the slim came out because of it. Dust/fingerprint magnet and far too easy to scratch. Much prefer a matte finish.

Reactions: 1 person

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be interesting is if this had anything to do with Sony's acquisition of Gaikai. No disc tray, no hard drive, just streaming PS3 games.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is good to rivalize with X360 prices that were already below PS3.
Having a version even Slimmer and cheaper could sell some more
and would be a perfect opportunity for people who doesn't have the console yet

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What would be interesting is if this had anything to do with Sony's acquisition of Gaikai. No disc tray, no hard drive, just streaming PS3 games.
No. That would be sh*t. Mainly because it would become a brick the moment it's no longer supported by PSN, and Sony has no legal obligation of supporting it till the end of the world.

You might just as well strap live explosives to an ordinary PS3 - the end result will be the same, it'll die eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn