Playstation 3 or Playstation 4 with Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ferrnando, May 29, 2014.

?

(PS3 or PS4) and Vita

1. PS3

33.3%
  2. PS4

66.7%
  1. Ferrnando
    OP

Ferrnando Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Hello,

Which console do you think is best to combo with a Vita?

Advantages I thought about ps3:
    -I know that there are more and exclusive games for ps3.
    -Some of the psn games say ps3 and psvita and didn't mention anything about ps4. (Dunno about compatibilty)
    -Maybe I can use ps3 controller sixaxis with an Wii emulator

Advantages I thought about ps4:
    -Newer games
    -Full remote play compatibility with Vita?
    -Maybe in the future use the controller touch with nds emulator or games that support it?

Thanks

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The PS4 and the PSVita work better as companion devices because they were designed to do just that. I noticed that PS3 Remote Play on the PSVita is terribad while PS4 Remote Play is perfectly fine. The PS3 just doesn't have the extra juice to do all the processing and send data over to the other system. Not only that, grabbing those two equals jumping right into the current gen craze - they'll only get more and more attention while the PS3's release schedule will gradually diminish over the course of the next 2 years. Unless you're into "budget gaming" and like grabbing a new game for a buck or two every weekend, grab the new systems. The PS3 is fantastic, it has a huge library of great games and every gaming fan should definitely own one, but you'll have the time to grab one later. The PS4 is definitely where it's at now.

Ferrnando likes this.
  3. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    PS4 and the Vita are the better combo but you should still buy a PS3 anyway.

bearmon2010, Ferrnando and Foxi4 like this.
  4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Get PS3 now, get PS4 later when it's cheaper and has moar gaems.

bearmon2010 and Ferrnando like this.
  5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Wouldn't it work the other way around? Getting a PS3 now is great and everything is cheap while the PS4 is still new, doesn't have a fantastic library yet etc. If you get the PS3 first you can pick up the PS4 at a later date when it's cheaper and it has a bit more games. On the other hand getting a PS3 later won't matter a lot as it's already on the way out. That's what it looks like to me at least.

Ferrnando and DamianNuez like this.
  6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It depends on your budget and intentions, as I said in the post. Both the PS3 and the PS4 will only get cheaper and cheaper from now on, but PS3 support is being cut soon - within the next 2-3 years. If he's planning to buy a system that will last him more than that, he should definitely go current gen, if he wants gaming on a smaller budget, the PS3 is excellent as well. Ideally he should own both as the PS4 does not offer backwards compatibility and he'll be missing out on a lot of great games from the last generation. :)

Ferrnando likes this.
  7. Ferrnando
    OP

Ferrnando Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Brazil
    I'll be moving onto a new house and I'll finally have my own television! haha
    I want to be a game collector and I've concluded that I will buy a PS3 to play in my room for now and later a ps4 to the living room. Maybe with the ps4 full compatibility with vita I can remote play when the living room television is in use too
    Thanks all

bearmon2010 likes this.
  8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.

That's a good decision. That's what I am going to do too. Right now, I have PS3 with plenty games thanks to jailbreak. :D

Ferrnando likes this.