PlayStation 3 OFW 4.89 Released

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
avoid it? those changes are a good thing
Avoid as in, if you want to use HFW then don't update to 4.89. Such a weird thing for Sony to do considering PS3 was discontinued in 2017, and the final game was in 2020.

That said, it's good to see an old console still getting official support. PS3 is an incredible console and there's plenty of games to play.

dtremit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logging into PSN on PS3/Vita has been a pain for a while if you have 2FA enabled on your PSN account. Logging in with username and password just failed, with no guidance on the PS3 — you have to generate a device setup account on the PSN website, but the console didn't tell you that.

If the new firmware supports 2FA directly (or even tells you how to generate the device setup password), it will probably save Sony a lot of PSN tech support calls.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: zfreeman

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.89 HFW is out.

I got my PS3s tucked away so not going to bother updating it, anyway.
I hate this new way of signing in. the power went out at my house a week ago or less, and I did sign in correctly on the ps5. I would've thought I'd have to get a device password, but maybe it's because I was already signed in. it did have to scan the ssd on the ps5, which took seconds, and the hdd on the ps4, so it was long enough to cause that issue.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate this new way of signing in. the power went out at my house a week ago or less, and I did sign in correctly on the ps5. I would've thought I'd have to get a device password, but maybe it's because I was already signed in. it did have to scan the ssd on the ps5, which took seconds, and the hdd on the ps4, so it was long enough to cause that issue.
The Sony generated password? I already had that activated as I use 2FA, but in the beginning it made me confused until I figured it out.

Nice thing about having PSN connection with CFW/HFW is being able to preserve demos and games. I mean, online play is still a thing (not really interested, tbh).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sony generated password? I already had that activated as I use 2FA, but in the beginning it made me confused until I figured it out.

Nice thing about having PSN connection with CFW/HFW is being able to preserve demos and games. I mean, online play is still a thing (not really interested, tbh).
yes, the two step process with sony used to send a number to your phone in text. I don't know why they did this.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Geesehoward79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all