PlayStation 3 firmware updated to version 4.88

ps3.png

Happy June 2021, would you like to update your PlayStation 3? Today, a new PS3 firmware was pushed out to consoles, bringing the legacy system to official firmware version 4.88. The patch notes listed on the PlayStation website explain that the update merely improves system performance, but there's usually more than meets the eye when it comes to these random updates. Over on the RPCS3 Twitter account, the emulator team says that 4.88 allows the PS3 to have the latest Blu-Ray keys, and also possibly makes some system fixes. That would make the most sense, given that the last time we saw a PS3 update back in December 2020, it was also for that exact reason.

:arrow: Source

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to pay for those consoles though, you just add them iirc. But anyways, thanks for the clarification. Let's go back to PS3 now.

You don't have to pay for those consoles though, you just add them? Not sure what you mean.

Well its safe to update for CFW and Hen now.

Last edited by HollowGrams,

Jamesburke01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this make it so I can play red dead redemption? Unfortunately I'm stuck with one that can't play that game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will this make it so that I can play red dead redemption. Unfortunately when I bout mine 4 years ago secondhand I ended up stuck with the model that can't play red dead anf has trouble playing skyrim

Payne

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
There definitely were quite few back in december when i was in self isolation, haven't had time to check lately however

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.