Firmware PlayStation 3 firmware update 4.83 now live

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Oct 11, 2018.

1. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    That's just it. I have been trying, unsuccessfully in finding a guide to do so. I thought ps3xploit v3 as it is would work, but it isn't even starting to work. My google fu just isn't working.

Please, I'm going nuts here.

2. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    I think I started from this vid guide...

codezer0 likes this.
  3. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    I did have CFG Loader, but I got rid of it and replaced it with WiiFlow Lite made by fledge68. You can find his topic here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/

Let's not derail this thread any longer...

Who want some more stability? Anyone? No...

4. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    the redthetrainer link doesn't work. Just gives me a file not found error. At first the ps3 browser itself wouldn't even let me enter the full address.
    None of it is working. Annoyingly enough, neither redthetrainer nor ps3xploit.com pages will actually load on the ps3 right now :nayps3:

Last edited by codezer0, Oct 12, 2018
  5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    There's an updated SEN Enabler that's just been released to give 4.82 users access back to online features - not tried it yet, but it's the next best thing to a 4.83 cfw release.

Not sure what to suggest... the sites are definitely still up (just logged onto both nand and nor portals on my mac).
    Make sure you do all the suggested "clean up" of the ps3 browser before starting. Double check the url (if you're certain it's correct, bookmark it in the ps3's browser).

6. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The other plane of existence
    This is sad

7. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    To stop people pirating PS3 games instead of buying PSNow

8. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Well, would have replied sooner, but the site was having server issues, so it said over and over.

Took several tries, but this morning, I was able to get a few additional files on the USB, and finally, finally, it took. Now my PS3 slim is on 4.82.2 Rebug.

Nice find on the SEN enabler. but seeing as Sony more than likely banned my account as well, It's safely not worth the effort to create a whole new ID just for them to go and ban this console on me, too. But thanks for sharing.

I will say, the PS3Xploit method is definitely obnoxious as crap, that it took this many tries before it all finally worked.

9. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Has anything related to game saves changed with 4.83? I am wondering because I use BSD (Bruteforce Save Data) for save editing. Does anyone know if BSD still works with 4.83? Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

10. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    Does this mean cid's will no longer get you back online?

11. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop Mario Kart 7 Semi Pro

Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    Is this compatible with Super Slims?

EDIT: Meh.

Last edited by CaptainSodaPop, Oct 13, 2018
  12. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Psst, the original Playstation has gone through several firmware updates as new batches kept rolling out.

13. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    4.83 Ferrox/Ferrox Cobra are reportedly 'coming soon'. No news on an updated Rebug yet, but Rebug always takes longer to release due to requiring DEX as well as CEX.

14. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    If anyone's interested, i tried the offline han toolbox mod, and it works fine on 4.82 ofw CEX. Doesn't work on 4.82 ofw DEX. I'm using it right now and it's great, a completely offline han enabler. There is also yet another offline mod which also enables debug pkgs. I'm using this variant, if anyone's interested let me know, I'll send a pm (i don't know if i can link it here)

15. Yepi69

Yepi69 Jill-sandwiched

GBAtemp Patron
    Yepi69 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Maybe it'll stop if they actually release the service for more than 6 countries.

DarthDub likes this.
  16. EmBlaze

EmBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks, unplugged my Ethernet and waiting for REBUG. Just so I can change my PSN name lol.
    What firmware were you on? I can still play my old Blu-rays on REBUG 4.8.1-2 REX.

17. EmBlaze

EmBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2018
    Canada
    Last edited by EmBlaze, Oct 23, 2018
    zfreeman likes this.