PS1/2 Playstation 2 - HDloader, black screen to all games

1stkirbyever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, you may remember I made a topic a long time ago about cogswap, well I gave up after that since my DVD-R discs didn't work.

I learned about "HDloader" for the Phat-PS2, but learned it required a network adapter. After 2-3 weeks I finally received it in the mail. After adding the ISO's (they're completely legal, I have a hard copy), it seemed that every game I booted up lead to a black screen (I also checked, the HDD was not loading any information after booting the game), I just thought it might have been the hard drive itself so I tried yet another one, and I still saw the cursed black screen, and I've tried over ten hard drives already, so I thought maybe trying a new HDloader would work, instead of getting a black-screen, I got a pink screen.

All the games are completely compatible, so please don't say "Are you sure the game is compatible?".

I have searched a searched but have gotten nothing, I am hoping someone will know how to fix this issue so I don't have to regret spending $30.

Here are my specs:

*V9/10 Playstation 2
*Running via Playstation 1 Disc - memory card exploit (Booting HDloader.elf)
*No Mod-chip
*Ethernet Adapter

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. You want to install Free McBoot to your memory card. It allows you to add any homebrew you want to the ps2 browser => you don't need the ps1 disc anymore.
2. Get Open PS2 Loader, it works a bit differently as HD Loader, so chances are that one works for you while HD Loader doesn't
3. Do you really do not have a modchip? Your issue sounds like you have a modchip.
4. You may want to try these 2 methods:
- Format the HDD with HD Loader and install a game from a retail disc
- Format the HDD with WinHIIP V1.7.6, and installa game with a retail disc / .iso
5. It's sometimes important how an .elf was booted, maybe booting the HD Loader .elf with Free McBoot instead of the exploit might already do the trick

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hd loader v0.8c worked fine for me
I had the exact same setup

v10 ps2
independence exploit

I use free mcboot now, it still works fine though

have you tried adding a game through hd loader? (not hdd hooked up to computer and using a program)
winhiip has worked fine for me, it gets glitchy sometimes on the newer os's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night