Playmaji addresses Polymega production issues and business license suspension

polymega.jpg

There were some recent concerns around Playmaji, the company behind the Polymega console that lets gamers enjoy their original retro CD-ROM-based games and even cartridge-based ones from modules. Playmaji missed the most recent release window (February 2021) and also had its business license suspended in California, where it is based.

In a tweet, the official Polymega Twitter account said that the license suspension is a "temporary hiccup" as it is due to a failed auto-payment and that it should be restored "shortly".

Speaking to NintendoLife, the company had the following to say:

There was some kind of issue with our last tax payment in 2020 related to an old credit card we had on file. We're paying a penalty for it, and our accountant is resolving it now. Also, it's worth noting that Playmaji, LLC is just one of our corporations – we have multiple, so the tax suspension is just for California.

Regarding the console launch delay, the company attributed it to slower production from their Myanmar factory, where the console is assembled, due to the ongoing protests. Playmaji told NintendoLife the following regarding this issue:

Polymega is still shipping but its coming out slower than expected from our Myanmar factory due to the protests that are happening. The modules and controllers are made in China, while the console is assembled in Myanmar. The timing is changing daily which is why we haven't announced anything concrete yet. We are still on track to ship everything here over the next few weeks.

:arrow: SOURCE

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
No one yet has proof that this is any better than an Retron 5 (wich is super old already). But we gave proof that it is much more expensive.

On top of that we had disastrous PR, management and those delays.

People who still are onboard argue about staturn emulation, but at this price you could get a PC capable to have better results on Saturn (even the Saturn itself + upscaler is cheaper).

So I don't know for who is this for at this point

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one yet has proof that this is any better than an Retron 5 (wich is super old already). But we gave proof that it is much more expensive.

People who still are onboard argue about staturn emulation, but at this price you could get a PC capable to have better results on Saturn (even the Saturn itself + upscaler is cheaper).

Well its certainly better in terms of having access to more systems, the CD slot alone allows for PS1, Saturn, Sega CD, Neo Geo CD, and Turbografx CD games. Anyone looking to play those kinds of games would be shit out of luck if they got a Retron 5.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

is better just by the disc games sega cd, sega cd 32x, sega saturn, ps1, neogeo cd,turbograph cd and some more console that had cd games , retron doesnt support any cd based consoles/addons only cartridges.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nah. You don’t get “true feels” with a shitty looking controller like that. Original controllers or not at all.
afaik you can use original controllers and any bt/hid controller you own, for original controllers you need to buy the module or get an adapter for usb.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

The main problem of the Saturn is having to learn Japanese to play most of the games.

Regalia776

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think the console is mainly for collectors like me. I am afraid of using my old cartridges and original discs too much just because I know they may fail someday, but I still would like to stay on legal ground as much as possible. Polymega is a great all-in-one solution. I can use my cartridges once, install the game and then put it back into its packaging. The amount of systems that are supported is also great and if the console won't flop, they will work on more modules.

I will probably just get the base console as soon as it's readily available and perhaps get the SNES module later. It's just a pity that the NES module doesn't also support Famicom games. Those are still sorely missing for me. I would love to play some Fire Emblem Gaiden.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think the console is mainly for collectors like me. I am afraid of using my old cartridges and original discs too much just because I know they may fail someday, but I still would like to stay on legal ground as much as possible. Polymega is a great all-in-one solution. I can use my cartridges once, install the game and then put it back into its packaging. The amount of systems that are supported is also great and if the console won't flop, they will work on more modules.

I will probably just get the base console as soon as it's readily available and perhaps get the SNES module later. It's just a pity that the NES module doesn't also support Famicom games. Those are still sorely missing for me. I would love to play some Fire Emblem Gaiden.

Actually if you care to read any manuals for videogame consoles you would notice they mention making game backups is not legal. At least the Nintendo ones do.

Regalia776

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually if you care to read any manuals for videogame consoles you would notice they mention making game backups is not legal. At least the Nintendo ones do.
That's why I wrote "as much as possible". I simply just want an option to use my original cartridges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.