Playing Xbox original backups on a modded 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by sjones900, Oct 7, 2009.

Oct 7, 2009
  1. sjones900
    OP

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Okay the question is simple as far as what I've read the way that this works is if you have the original and rip through XBC, burn it, pop it in your xbox flashed with ixtreme. But what if i have and iso not ripped with XBC I've seen you can convert them with XDVDMulleter but the only problem is with that you need the DFI and PFI files, which I do not have. There's another program called MooGUI that says it make xbox 1 games playable on xtreme 5.1 but that's the thing though it say xtreme is that the same thing a ixtreme? I'm all confused with this... What do I use to make my xbox original ISOs play on my xbox 360 flashed with ixtreme 1.6? and I would prefer to be able to burn these on DVD single layers if possible... and still not get banned ofc.

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    There's no way you can play xbox originals backed up for xbox1 on the 360. You have to rip them and convert them for the 360 like you said. This guide shows you how. You do need the 3 stealth files for the xbox1 iso's to convert them, so start googling.

Also, you need this version of mulleter for the guide to work as the newest version doesn't support xbox1 iso's.

3. mpg187

Member mpg187 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So that means I should keep my Xbox 1 then? That's kinda good, because if I played my XBox 1 games on my 360 I wouldn't have a use for it. Well not exactly true, I don't even use it for games now, just media.

I wonder what makes a better media Center, modded Xbox 1 or 360?

Xbox 1 can play music and videos off internal HD. 360 can, but for some codecs that play on Xbox 1 my 360 gives media update errors.

360 can do USB, but XBox 1 can can too with modification. Myself I use my NSLU2 and plug my USB drives in there and access the drives on the NSLU through samba.

4. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Xbox1 will always be the best media center. I'm sure you're using XBMC?

5. mpg187

Member mpg187 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ya that's what I have.

When I use my friends hard drive it has Evo X and he has XBMC as an addin app. One thing that his does that mine doesn't is play the media from the original dashboard.

When I tried to use custom tracks in GTA SA even though I had music in my music folder (F:\Music I think) nothing came up, when when I ripped a CD in the original dash that came up (It put a WMA under E:\ somewhere). My friend's XBMC can see that WMA, mine can't (unless I browse to it).

I am wondering, is there a way I can import my music for use on the original dashboard/Custom tracks without having to rip it from the original dashboard?

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Just to answer something unanswered, Xtreme FW came before iXtreme. IXtreme came as a response to the first wave of bans launched by M$. Whilst Xbox1 compatibility had begun to be developed in later Xtreme FWs, when the first ban wave hit, priority went to creating a FW that would not get you banned so easily, thus development was dropped. I also heard that M$ also added some protection to prevent Xbox1 backup games from working.

In any case, I find it far better to keep the Xbox1. With the 500GB HDD in there holding all the games I currently have, I can play games much easier than having to burn them to disk and try and convince the 360 to play them. Besides, I don't think 360 supports single layer disks anymore anyway.