Playing wii on your pc monitor

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by matthewn4444, May 17, 2009.

May 17, 2009
  1. matthewn4444
    OP

Member matthewn4444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know a good brand or set of converters to buy for a wii to play on a lcd screen?

2. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I use an EasyCap to play on my monitor and it works great.

3. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I use one of those digital TV cards to play my Wii on my monitor. Seems to work well. For now.

4. afie9329

Newcomer afie9329 Newbie

I use a HD Box Pro. Previously I used a VDIGI Wii VGA cable. The VDIGI couldn't handle interlaced contend (in example MadWorld and quite a few of my GC titles) while the HD Box can and without any noticable delay. Also the HD Box can upscale the picture to your monitors resolution. Don't expect miracles from this feature. It will probably perform on par with the upscale chip in your monitor. However this feature allows you to keep the correct aspect ratio. I'm pretty happy with my HD Box. It's a great addition to a FlatMii. On a side note, there are a lot of clones of this product. The most popular one being the XCM Mega Cool VGA Box. It's all the same chip in a different package. The HD Box Pro is the original. You also need a component cable to connect your Wii to the HD Box and a VGA cable to connect the HD Box to your monitor. The HD Box acts as a VGA switch so you don't have to switch cables all the time. Hope that helps. If somebody wants a review, just let me know, I'm willing to write one.