Playing Wii on your computer with GameBridge

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by SilverAnalyst, Apr 18, 2007.

Apr 18, 2007
  1. SilverAnalyst
    OP

Newcomer SilverAnalyst Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So I just purchased an Adaptec GameBridge 1400 adapter so I can play Wii using my computer as a screen [​IMG] . This way I'll be able to play using my big computer screen when my wife wants to watch the telly in the lounge [​IMG] . Here's the product if you want more info on it:Adaptec website
    While I was waiting for it to arive I thought I'd check if anyone else had tried this out. Is it any good? [​IMG]

2. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    Isn't connecting the game console to the PC a little unnecessary? Aren't there devices that can just connect the console to the Monitor itself? Rather than go from Console > PC > Monitor, you could just go from Console > Monitor.

3. SilverAnalyst
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yes, but if I want to play wii with the laptop in bed (hmmm, might not have totally thought that one out [​IMG] ) then I'd need one that can go through a computer, like this one [​IMG]

Also, it's an experiment and this adaptor only cost £10 where as the one that goes straight to the monitor cost £40+. [​IMG]

4. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    You can do this with a PCI TV card.. why do you want Adaptec GameBridge 1400 adapter?

Play, Rec and TV....

5. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, you can't shove a PCI card in a laptop.

6. SilverAnalyst
    OP

United Kingdom
    I heard that some PCI TV cards have a short delay or lag. This won't trouble you if you are to watch tv with it, however it would be really annoying to be pressing a button and not having the reaction on screen be immediate. One of the most attractive features to GameBridge was the advertised "no lag". [​IMG]

Also, as bowser so aptly pointed out. I can switch the gamebridge between my different computers easily.

7. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    pcmcia tv card

8. ssj4android

Member ssj4android GBAtemp Regular

I bought a while ago in a Woot off. I haven't tried it on a Wii, but I have with a Gamecube and Xbox. It's not that great, I definitely wouldn't want to use it to play my games all the time.
    The resolution is a bit low as well.

9. SilverAnalyst
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, it's ok if you have to use it. It's really blurry when moving and there is about a 5th of a second delay. It's playable, but better just on a tv.