Playing wbfs files on a fat32 drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TSS, Jun 23, 2013.

1. TSS
    OP

TSS Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Netherlands
    Hey, I was wondering if you can play wbfs files on a fat32 drive?

2. drakkenshire

drakkenshire Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Romania
    If you meant that you were wondering can you play wbfs files on your wii off a fat32 drive then the answer is yes, just put it in a folder called wbfs in the root of your drive, and i beleive Configurable USB Loader can play it. I don't know about other loaders.

TSS likes this.
  3. TSS
    OP

TSS Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Netherlands
    Thank you.

4. drakkenshire

drakkenshire Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Romania
    Notify me if it works, because i'm still not sure if it works for every USB loader, and i have switched to using wbfs drives.

5. TSS
    OP

TSS Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Netherlands
    I used this
    It works like a charm, no problems at all. Playing brawl right now :)

drakkenshire likes this.
  6. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    It works perfectly and has for a long time (there's been no need for a wbfs formatted drive for ages) with CFG and the other major loaders.

Wii backup manager is an easy way to manage a fat32/ntfs formatted drive: http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/
    And something like guiformat to format a large HDD as fat32: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm

As drakkenshire said, its basically just a fat32 drive with a 'wbfs' folder on the root that contains either .wbfs files or folders with the wbfs files within them.

drakkenshire likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice