Gaming Playing Viva Pinata in offline mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, that title is terrible, so here's my problem.

I have a disc of viva pinata; I love this game, but in 5 months' time I won't be able to play it anymore because GFWL is (finally) dying off - the game is playable without it, but it will not let you save without logging in.

I found a youtube solution but it still requires GFWL to be installed.

I'm wondering if there's a hacky bruteforce way around this - I don't want to have to get a 360 for one game and I really don't want to have this game become unplayable just because Microsoft is a horrible company run by horrible people with horrible ideas they infest everything they touch with and then rip them out leaving those things gutted and lifeless.

I tried torrenting someone else's disc image in the hopes it would contain some kind of hack to remove the detection; it did not.

It's my disc damnit, I should not have to deal with this shit. God I hate microsoft, this is what I get for playing something they published. I could have just hated them from afar while playing a Sony console or a Steam game but I just had to take interest in something one of their whipping boys made. >_> God I wish they'd fucking die, I hope their HQ gets bowled over by a giant asteroid.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Next time you ask for help, leave out all the stupid hate shit. No one likes reading through it.

Create an offline account, this will allow you to save (though you'll lose your progress on your other account). When creating a new account, it'll ask if you want a local or online account, choose local.

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time you ask for help, leave out all the stupid hate shit. No one likes reading through it.

Create an offline account, this will allow you to save (though you'll lose your progress on your other account). When creating a new account, it'll ask if you want a local or online account, choose local.

whatever I needed to vent :V

also if you read through all that, you'd know hat I tried that already and it still requires GFWL to be installed.

I have no way to verify my disc's serial number on a new computer if GFWL dies, nor do I have a way to remove it from my computer entirely. I'm looking for a mod, a hack, or just plain simple illegal jailbreaking, I don't care how unethical that sounds, it's my disc, I paid for it, I should damn well be able to use it.

Was that more constructive for you?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Your post doesn't say anything about trying an offline account, just that you watched a youtube video.

It doesn't matter if GFWL is dead, you can still use an offline account to play the game. In all of the torrents I found for Viva Pinata, there are no cracks or anything (I wouldn't be able to provide them anyways, it's against the rules), all instructions say you should just use an offline account.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever I needed to vent :V

also if you read through all that, you'd know hat I tried that already and it still requires GFWL to be installed.

I have no way to verify my disc's serial number on a new computer if GFWL dies, nor do I have a way to remove it from my computer entirely. I'm looking for a mod, a hack, or just plain simple illegal jailbreaking, I don't care how unethical that sounds, it's my disc, I paid for it, I should damn well be able to use it.

Was that more constructive for you?

The GFWL service is going dead - it doesn't mean you won't be able to use the client anymore.

I don't think there are any hacks to get rid of GFWL integration on games. Of the games I've played that have used it over the years, cracks exist that allow you to install and play it without a serial and without needing to the connected to the net, but they still require the client to be installed.

No way around it I'm afraid. Do what what's-his-face said and set it to offline mode.

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offline mode works, but if I need to install it on another computer, it won't let me use an offline account since it'll believe I pirated it. I've never seen a cracked torrent but if I need to format my drive that might be worth searching for. I don't suppose anyone can tell me if someone provided a crack or jailbreak separate from the disc download?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offline mode works, but if I need to install it on another computer, it won't let me use an offline account since it'll believe I pirated it. I've never seen a cracked torrent but if I need to format my drive that might be worth searching for. I don't suppose anyone can tell me if someone provided a crack or jailbreak separate from the disc download?

You can install and play without the serial key if you are on an offline account. You are only prompted for the serial if playing with an online account.

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install and play without the serial key if you are on an offline account. You are only prompted for the serial if playing with an online account.

That didn't work for me on spore, fable 3, or viva pinata; before owning two out of three of those games, I used pirated copies and it either wouldn't let me save or nagged me endlessly to verify my account. In my experience, you need to sign into an online account at least once to make an offline account.

Edit: And yes I know spore was published by EA but surprisingly that game's pirated copies work without needing verified serials unlike fable 3's. My steam copy of fable 3 doesn't even work right even in offline mode.

happyspannerz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post doesn't say anything about trying an offline account, just that you watched a youtube video.

It doesn't matter if GFWL is dead, you can still use an offline account to play the game. In all of the torrents I found for Viva Pinata, there are no cracks or anything (I wouldn't be able to provide them anyways, it's against the rules), all instructions say you should just use an offline account.

Just tell me how to save my make my fucking account!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome