tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi all,

basically I'm "new" to the Wii scene and my Wii is unhacked/modded and I wish it to stay that way (one of the few consoles that will remain legit)

what I'd like to know is is it possible to play video files from a USB stick on my legit Wii (as I don't want to fork out for the expansion thing for playing DVD's)
and if so how do I do it?

now I'm not a total numpty I've done some research and found that my video files will need to be convcerted to Wii compatible files and I have also found Wii Video 9 which should convert my files into WIi compatible.

now all I need to know is, is it possible for my legit Wii to read the video files (once converted) from my USB stick?

(I've used the search function and it gave me 19 pages of things about various games e.t.c.)

thanks in advance and sorry for this probably really noobish and annoying question

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need to use a media player. But what's the special Wii format??

If you only boot the media player from bannerbomb, it should work, but it will be VERY slow, as it's less than 1 MB/s reading speed then.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Forget Wii Video 9 it´s only to convert videos to look them on the photo Channel (pretty bad Quality). Install the HBC and use mplayer_ce
wink.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so the Wii has no decent built in player o.O guess I need to get a new 360 then =/ as the Wii isn't strictly mine its the "families" so I can't tinker with it oh well thanks for all of the info everyone
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol