Playing video games drunk

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by da_head, Oct 26, 2008.

Oct 26, 2008

Playing video games drunk by da_head at 3:25 PM (1,131 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    So last night, i went out with my friends to celebrate the end of mid-term exams. i get home 12:30ish, a little drunk, and not rly tired. so, what do i decide to do? play starcraft lol. my microing was slightly off, and random things were a bit funny, but other than that it was an interesting experience.

reminds me of the time, my friends and i were wasted, and we played halo 3. my friend must have gotten at least 7 no scope headshots while we played o.o (he sucks ass normally). and every time i went to melee, i kept pressing jump instead. it was hilarious.

wat r ur experiences?

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I remember playing Road Rash on the 3D0 years ago as I was drinking. At first it seemed I was getting better and better at the game as I drank. I was having loads of fun and pulling off amazing dodging of cars and lumping the crap out of opponents better than I ever did before. I made it up to level 4 very easily and I felt unstoppable.

But then.....drunk happened. My reaction times started slipping. My onscreen rider started flying through the air after nailing a car more often. I started losing positions. My winning spree was done. When I stopped playing and looked around, I realized just how drunk I was. WOAH! I was trashed! The room was spinning and I could barely walk without falling over.

I did not play any more videogames that night, or the next day......

3. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    True story - I was wasted off my ass and Viva Pinata finally became fun.

Otherwise, it sucks.

4. Rod

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Weirdly enough, I'm a better player in Brawl when I'm drunk.

Guess that's why my friend never offered me more beers when I'm at his place ):

5. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    LOL, qft!

i would put it into my sig, but i don't do that.

6. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    I play Final Fantasy XI Online.

I've played since it came out for like 5 years now and have the most sought after weapon in the game.
    I always log off in my mog house with a certain outfit and that weapon equipped.

On time I logged in after not logging in for a couple of months and am dismayed to find myself out in the field (one beginners start in) with a completely different outfit and weapon on!

I was freaking out like someone hacked my account or something!
    All my equipment and gear and money!!

After I check all my equipment and money and it's all still there, I'm like... huh??

I slowly remember throughout the day that I got wasted a couple of nights before and logged on and did god knows what! I can only wonder what I did and what all those new guys thought! ha

7. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you need my permission, here it is. Go for it. I'm not at all protective over by forum brain droppings.

8. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I've never tried playing games drunk.... Must try it sometime.

9. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Well I used to play some time ago with Street Fighter 3 on my DC hooked with a real heavy duty arcade stick, and drinking at the same time.
    I was getting pretty good at it, even when almost drunk, in fact playing such a game the way it's ment to be played ( with an arcade stick ) it's pretty energetic, and makes you sweat a lot and also get you all excited, exspecially if you are playing with a friend !
    I found out later on that I was getting slower and slower with my reflexes and those hard to hit combo were becoming pretty impossible.
    Surely drinking was playing a part in this, but I think it's a combination of being drunk AND tired which makes you a bad player, in fact now I don't drink that much, and I'm not working either since a couple of months, therefore I can play much better and longer, not to mention that I find the time to actually post on GBAtemp again [​IMG]!
    At the end I came to this conclusion: work is bad for you and your body/mind !

10. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom

Connection?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. bombchu

Newcomer bombchu Advanced Member

United States
    I have been drunk... twice now! [​IMG] That first time we all played Brawl and other games at stuff. Second time was lame... but anyway~ people do seem to get better sometimes... I was! Every once in a while I'd just stand still in the middle of the stage 'cos my eyes got crossed... but I absolutely destroyed everyone, especially Bowser. He was very big and dark and that was all I could see lol

12. MuRdOcK92

Newcomer MuRdOcK92 Advanced Member

United States
    Alright i have a pretty funny one but like me and my friend stayed at his house we got so wasted and weere playing halo3 live he passes out mid way and my team wins yeah