Playing Trucha signed PAL games on NTSC from GeckoOS :S

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mrplowdan, Jul 26, 2008.

1. mrplowdan
    OP

mrplowdan Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2008
    Canada
    Well it seems I cannot get my PAL version of custom Guitar Hero to play on my NTSC Wii, I've got a D2Pro9 working great. I can play PAL backups fine as long as they are not trucha signed. If I use GeckoOS no matter what I force the video to it always tries to load it as PAL and the screen goes black and white scrolls. Patching the iso to NTSC still doesn't work as I still have to load it wist GeckoOS and it does the same thing. I tried the colourfix version of Gecko and a couple other but I've had no luck. This happened on another PAL game after I trucha signed it aswell.

2. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Got the latest version? Force it to use PAL.

3. mrplowdan
    OP

mrplowdan Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2008
    Canada
    Yes, I'm using the latest colourfix version. Forcing PAL 50, PAL 60, NTSC with or without the videofix doen't work, they all still boot as PAL.

4. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    Are you on 3.3 of the Wii firmware?

5. mrplowdan
    OP

mrplowdan Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2008
    Canada
    yes, or else I'd just run it from the disc channel
    I'm going to see if patching main.dol with Wii Video Mode Changer then re-trucha signing then patching it with regionfree will let me play it from gecko, burning right now...

6. mrplowdan
    OP

mrplowdan Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2008
    Canada
    patching main.dol with Wii Video Mode Changer then re-trucha signing then patching it with regionfree worked in gecko as long as I force video mode to NTSC, yay good enough