Hardware Playing sound through Samsung monitor

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so I bought a shiny new Samsung monitor with hdmi it doesn’t have built in speakers just an audio jack ,I have it hooked up to computer via display port if I was to plug speakers into the back of the computer through the sound card how can I get sound if I play PS4 through hdmi on the monitor ...

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose you could use PS4 Remote Play to cast your PS4 through your PC and its sound hardware, but doing that is going to introduce lag.

The only solution that I can think of that is actually going to give you what you want is if you have a sound system with HDMI pass through (or optical). That way your PS4's audio doesn't have to go through the monitor at all.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I would get a proper speaker system that takes 3.5mm for PC and optical for PS4. They can be found for 50-100 if you know where to look, or for around 300 if you want a big brand sound system.

Alternatively you can get a splitter cable that splits the audio from a HDMI cable cable to plug into conventional speakers.

Tony_92

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
You can also use a 3.5mm aux cable that connects the monitor to your soundcard's line in port. Your PS4 will still have only 2.1 audio, but you can keep your speakers connected to your soundcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, wdym