Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
appologies if this has been posted already, I did search but this issue is weird.

anyone know what the difference between rock band and guitar hero game, see when I play GH games all is fine plays as normal, when I play rock band games the game works fine the guitar works fine but when I play the notes I cant hear them, even if I miss notes it plays the same, I would assume rock band is like GH but a different layout, I use a datel mkvii guitar, so is it normal for the notes not to be heard, this happens on all rock band games, if its down to the guitar then I simply wont play rock band type games so no biggey I just would like to know

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After re-reading your question I realized my first post was not what your were asking for. The guitar you have is not compatable with RB and you will need to get one that is to play RB. There is a difference between GH and RB and on the Wii and it makes the Guitars incompatable with the other games. You need a guitar for each game or one of the supposed dual guitars that works on both, but I have heard bad things about them. I would just get a used RB guitar at your local game store. At mine they are less than $20 used. Hope this is more helpful than my first post. Sorry for the confusion. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cannot say with absolute certainty but since they are completely incompatable with each other I would imagine that the notes are generated in the guitar on RB unlike on GH. I can tell you that the Beatles Guitar when calibrating you have to hold it up to the speaker and up to the tv and the guitar is somehow sensed by the flashes on the tv for video calibration and the sounds from the speaker for audio calibration so it stands to reason if the guitar is capable of sensing light and sound for calibration it is also probably different enough that it generates the notes as opposed to the TV. This of course is speculation so take it with a grain of salt but I believe it to be right. However I do know that the guitars are incompatible for a fact I have seen an offical chart on Best Buys website showing which guitars are compatable with which games and the duals, but when I went to buy a dual I was warned by a salesman not to buy one as they often do not work for either game and it is cheaper to just buy a used guitar for each game than one new dual. I hope this clarifies my earlier answer. If you have any further questions go ahead and ask and I will do my best to help. If I do not know the answer I will get on my RB2 account and ask my friends and see if any of them know. Too bad you are in a different region, I am always looking for new friends to add to my GH5 and RB2 games. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, any GH guitar (from GH3 onwards) is compatible with all the rock band games (except RB 1).

However, no Rock Band guitar is compatible with any GH game.

MrX_Cuci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is a nice chart. Also for drums compatabillity. Seems only Rocak Band 1 is not supported, but the download content from Rock Band 1 for Rock band 2 is
rolleyes.gif

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thx I did have a read of the charts I have a datel mkVII
wii-dvg.jpg

like I said in previous posts I can play the games fine,the RB games work but I cant here the notes I play or even when I miss a note on GH games they work fine its really bloody weird

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night