OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, I have a setup that I enjoy like so:
o3dsxl
gateway card + system NAND 9.2 + emu NAND latest firm

now my question is can I participate in pokemon tournamens that is hold by nintendo, for example kanto classics that is going on right now. (I know the applications are already closed, figuratively )

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
how can they know?
if thye inspect your console and see homebrew, maybe they won't be happy.
but you have no reason not to use the legit cias of pokmeon. so it shouldn't be a problem.
but if they see menuhax or something that's different lol

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I know one guy who participated in DS Pokémon game tournament (where he had to go there physically) and he used a flashcard. No one noticed.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, I have a setup that I enjoy like so:
o3dsxl
gateway card + system NAND 9.2 + emu NAND latest firm

now my question is can I participate in pokemon tournamens that is hold by nintendo, for example kanto classics that is going on right now. (I know the applications are already closed, figuratively )
Online event your fine an actual tournament held with judges? You will get caught unless you have a retail cart with your modded save.

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I backed up a .cia of my retail cart Pokemon Y game and installed it on my emuNAND. Can I use the eshop to update it and play online? My NANDS are unlinked btw.

joimme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question, I backed up a .cia of my retail cart Pokemon Y game and installed it on my emuNAND. Can I use the eshop to update it and play online? My NANDS are unlinked btw.
always use eshop to update my cia games. never had any problem.

Online event your fine an actual tournament held with judges? You will get caught unless you have a retail cart with your modded save.

I meant and online tournament not a physical one. Since online tournaments requires a sign up process to global link, I thought there might be problems.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you are in game they cannot tell. I doubt they are going to inspect probably 300+ units to see if they have a legit firmware.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That and as long as you don't have any hacked Pokemon (or at least some obvious ones) or cheat.
I think this is checked via IR when they lock your team for play. That and they all need the pentagon + fit a criteria for the season. When X/Y came out it was natives only.

joimme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That and as long as you don't have any hacked Pokemon (or at least some obvious ones) or cheat.
I don't hack Pokémon so it's not an issue. I actually have just as much fun breeding/leveling them as I play competitive.

thank you all for your answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: