Hacking Playing PAL/US backups on Jap New Nintendo DS

ninfas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am very new to the New Nintendo 3DS and am planning to import a white Jap version as the PAL versions are very diifficult to buy in UK. (The Regular new 3DS not XL) and have a few questions. Please help

I want to know if I bought a Japanese version of the New Nintendo 3DS console, Can I use it in English? Is there an english option in the language menu?

Can I use a sky3DS card which (I am also planning to buy) to play game backups from other regions like PAL or US on this Japanese new 3DS(as I want to keep my original carts I buy safe)? In other words how can I make the New Jap 3DS region free using a Sky3Ds card?

If so can someone provide a guide/tutorial link on how to play game backups from other regions on the new Jap 3DS?

Thanks in Advance

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there is no option to turn the system to English. To play US/PAL games, you need custom firmware. To get custom firmware, follow http://3ds.guide. Afterwards, look into setting up freeShop or find the games you want in .cia format and use FBI to install them. The guide I linked will walk you through the process of installing a .cia. You may need to set up LumaLocaleSwitcher to make the games work/load properly.

Don't bother with a Sky3DS.

No one will link you to a better guide and no one will also recommend getting a Sky3DS. As for finding the games you want in .cia format, Google search "that iso site".

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end