Hacking Playing on my EZ-flash IV, pressed to many buttons, and now "no_loader_found"

BallzofFury

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys, recently bought an EZ-flash IV which I've been loving. It's an EZ402 2006.03 model, and came with the 1.70 kernel and a preformatted mini-sd which both worked fine. While playing tough boss in Metroid Fusion, I pressed most of the buttons simultaneously, and got this message:

"Find_ezfla_up.bin,updating
Erasing_OK

Write_complete

Restart
No_Loader_found

fat initial 0"

I've tried flashing a number of kernels by emptying the mini-sd and only putting the ezfla_up.bin file on, and starting with the R button pressed, but I'm still stuck with this message. What should I do?

dibmem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did a quick search on 'No_Loader_found' and came up with a few suggestions / questions:
1) Are you using a MiniSD to MicroSD adapter? If so, clean the contacts on both with (rubbing, not drinking) alcohol.
2) Have you tried removing the update file (ezfla_up.bin) from your flash card to see if it boots without the firmware? (I often overthink things when I experience a problem - forgetting to try the basics.)
3) Have you checked your 'R' trigger - it might be jammed, causing the card to go into a continuous update cycle.

Edit: Thought of one more....
Are you using the 'latest' Clearlooks v5 firmware?

One more thought - If you have a DS Lite, use it to flash the firmware. Might save your bacon.

BallzofFury

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for taking the time to help.

1) I'm using a mini-ad card provided by the supplier of my EZ IV.

2) I have tried this, even without the mini-sd card inserted it gives the described error message. It seems to not flash kernels either, as it doesn't seem to recognise the card.

3) I've tried using normal GBA games, and the R trigger works fine on those so that can't be the issue.

In the few days since my post I've gotten into contact with ndscard.com, the guys who sold me my initial EZ IV + mini-sd, and they've been really helpful. After some debugging they've decided to send be a replacement EZ IV, so I guess maybe it was faulty after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay