Hacking Playing New Games on older LT

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So got a xbox 360 elite with LT firmware (I think its the first one that came out) and it stopped playing it for nealy 2 years. Is it possible to play the newest games on it now? Not bothered with LIVE or being banned. What does activate iso do?

Interested in playing: HACKED Street Fighter x Tekken (NO JTAG REQUIRED)

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way to patch XGD3 discs to play on LT 2.0, however, you need at least LT 2.0 to play them. Also note that Samsung and older Hitachi drives (pre 78/79) do not require LT 3.0.

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I take it the one my friend has is LT v1? And if he doesnt have the extracted key file, it needs soldering to extract it again?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. All phat 360 drive keys can be extracted solderlessly. Look up "pogo mo thoin" as there are plenty of ways to make a homemade probe that will work for all liteon 16D2S drives.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OP could also buy/use an probe 3.
It's the exact same thing as hundshamer said.

Only thing you need is to extract the key and save it twice (one for your friend and one for your self)
Then update to LT+ 3.0 and patch the backup with ABGX 1.0.6 and burn it with a iHAS B drive with the hacked LT MAX firmware.

Not only is patching backups safer for Live it's also to prevent coasters and non booting backups.

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So even though it has been flashed with the first LT, it cant be flashed again unless the keys are dumped again? So need extra tools for this?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you will need extra hardware if it is a Lite-On drive. That is, unless you already have the keys on file. BenQ, Samsung, or Hitachi drives do not require extra hardware. Hitachi 78/79 drives do not have 3.0 for them yet, and as I stated before Samsung and older Hitachi drives (pre 78/79) do not require LT 3.0 (2.01 and 2.0 are needed respectively).

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you will need extra hardware if it is a Lite-On drive. That is, unless you already have the keys on file. BenQ, Samsung, or Hitachi drives do not require extra hardware. Hitachi 78/79 drives do not have 3.0 for them yet, and as I stated before Samsung and older Hitachi drives (pre 78/79) do not require LT 3.0 (2.01 and 2.0 are needed respectively).

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte