playing new games on M3 slot-2 devices

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by mefistofeles666, Sep 28, 2008.

Sep 28, 2008
  1. mefistofeles666
    OP

Newcomer mefistofeles666 Newbie

United States
    okay...am i the only one still using the m3 mini/micro sd ? I was trying to play the new N+ game and the new kirby superstar ultra game...and I just cant get it to work. I patched it with the game manager the way the wiki site suggested, and i tried other options and it just gives me the blank screen of death when loading.
    I have the m3 minisd perfect, 2gb minisd kingston, and v36a...............

can anyone get the new games to work? please let me know how, cuz i wanna be able to play the new castlevania game that's coming out.

thanks

2. xxmadxx

Newcomer xxmadxx Member

Puerto Rico
    slot 2 is iffy as of almost a year ago some games work some dont but check the wiki if it says it works then it does although some just will not work.get yourself a slot 1 and save your sanity [​IMG]

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yea I hate to be a buzzkill here
    but updates probably arnt coming out anymore, slot-2 running new NDS games are pretty much dead now
    the market has shifted to slot-1 carts for all their needs

4. crazyshiza

Member crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

I got them both working using the instructions on m3wiki

5. lmdst

Newcomer lmdst Newbie

Brazil
    Hm. I've got the same issue here. It's a shame, I can't afford a new flashcart.

crazyshiza, which instructions do you refer to? I've tried to run Kirby Superstar Ultra according to the options listed in the DS Compatibility List in the m3wiki, but to no use. I've attempted several different options too, but no avail. Which options did you use?

6. crazyshiza

Member crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

7. LufianGuy

Member LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I also tried the same options and it doesn't work for me. It always freezes at the initializing save part. I am at the highest firmware and game manager available for English.

I chronicled my problems here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108...=0#entry1451477
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/706364#4305545

Anything else you might be able to tell us crazy (specific cart, card, setting we might need to turn off, etc)?

The games work in the latest version of no$gba 2.6a. The playback would be 100% on the DS though.

8. LufianGuy

Member LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After trying another round of using 3 different patchers and using all of the arm7's I could get my hands on, I think I have given up.

The games worked in the no$gba emulator when they were patched with the Summon Night Twin Age (U) arm7.bin, but they still couldn't initialize save data on the DS (used recommended settings and all the other options I could) and froze.

I don't know what to try anymore. Sadly, I'm going to have to give up. If anyone finds a game way to make these games work, please post how you did it here.

I gave up on Slot-2 Devices, my new Supercard One V3 + Kingston 8GB microSDHC is coming in the mail for $49.56.

9. mollekemiel

Newcomer mollekemiel Advanced Member

United States
    have a M3CF and i only have kirby superstar working after using a downloaded save game. But the game still freezes.
    I agree more and more games seems to be unsuported.
    the last 10 i tried, 4 didnt work (40% !!!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    for ex: SpongeBob_Ft_Nicktoons, Wall-e (euro, strange because the usa version works), transformers animated and Spyro DawnOfTheDragon