Playing n64 games on vWii with gamecube adapter?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DrewDrew, Dec 14, 2014.

1. DrewDrew
    OP

DrewDrew Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2014
    United States
    Anyone know if this is possible? Thanks.

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Only homebrew that supports the adapter right now is Nintendont.

3. DrewDrew
    OP

DrewDrew Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2014
    United States
    Gotcha, thank's. Do you know if their are any versions of wii64 that support usb controllers in general?

4. DevilX

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    if you get it to work period let me know lol, i cant get it to access my USB drive period

5. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Theres a build on the forums somewhere with usb support. Someone should be nice and find it:P

6. DevilX

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    if its the ones from years ago with that ends .1.1 i tried them and they wont start on vwii

7. Rusb

Rusb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Yes, you can. But you can only play 32mb N64 Games, you need to change the rom on Ocarina Of Time Master Quest For Gamecube. And the Official N64 Emulator for Gamecube will do all.

(Of course, loading the rom with nintendont)

You can also try changing the rom in Mario Kart 64 for Gamecube or Super Mario 64 for Gamecube. These games uses Ocarina Of Time Gamecube ROM for that.

DrewDrew likes this.
  8. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    This guy is right, but his post is really confusing, so allow me to clarify/elaborate.

He is referring to hacked ROMs of Ocarina of Time for Gamecube. It is possible to hack 32mb N64 ROMs into this Gamecube ROM, and then use Nintendont to play it just as you would any other Gamecube game.

However, to do so you either need to find a hacked ROM of the game you wish to play or locate the tools/skills to do it yourself. Furthermore, if I understand correctly, you are limited to N64 games that had a cartridge size of 32MB. Many games were 4mb, 8mb, 16mb, or 64mb. Games that were 3mb is a significantly limited selection of N64 games. Needless to say, this will not be feasible or adequate for most of your emulating desires.

Therefeore, the short answer to your question is: NO. It is not currently possible to use the Gamecube adapter to play (most) N64 games, and none through normal means. Nintendont is the only vWii software that currently supports the adapter.

DrewDrew likes this.
  9. dsdork

dsdork Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2005
    United States
  10. Pestilence204

Pestilence204 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2014
    Canada