Hacking Playing Movies

594rk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dug up my old Wii to give to my sister as a dvd player as well as to watch Netflix.

I updated the hombrew channel to the latest version as well as the media players. I can't seem to get them to work perfectly now. When using both retail and burned dvds and running WiiMC I get a error stating that it doesnt support playback. When I use MPlayer CE it will play the retail dvds fine but burned ones will appear to freeze. I'm fairly certain it would play both before I had updated it. Did I forget to update something?

Also I installed that new Netflix channel but I realised I am stil stuck in a different region. Should it let her login and view the same movies if its a different region? If I restore a old nand backup with bootmii will it set my region back?

Thanks

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have IOS58 installed, you can get a standalone installer for it. Netflix I would install the correct system menu version for you region using Multi Mod Manager. 4.1-4.3 will be fine assuming you have the correct IOSes. If you're not sure I recommend updating through Nintendo and using ModMii.

594rk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have IOS58 installed, you can get a standalone installer for it. Netflix I would install the correct system menu version for you region using Multi Mod Manager. 4.1-4.3 will be fine assuming you have the correct IOSes. If you're not sure I recommend updating through Nintendo and using ModMii.

I have IOS58 installed and the new hombrew channel uses it. My system channel is the correct region 3.2U but my shop channel still downloads in PAL since it got stuck with AnyRegion Changer.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I have IOS58 installed and the new hombrew channel uses it. My system channel is the correct region 3.2U but my shop channel still downloads in PAL since it got stuck with AnyRegion Changer.
Change your Shop Channel back to North America. After that load the channel up, and maybe download the Netflix channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: