OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I did google, but my google is messed up and wouldn't let me go to any results (took me to ads when I clicked a result) so I'm asking here.

I once saw an app listed on a now-missing wikipedia list of homebrew applications for the Nintendo DS, and it claimed to support mpeg, avi, and wmp format, as well as the normal dpg format. I cannot remember the name of it.

Is there anyone would happen to remember a video playing app for the Nintendo DS that allowed these formats? My SD Card is almost full, and i'd like something to do while in a car and unable to play certain games.... Like watch Twilight or something.

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well theres a ton of Video playing apps out there all with there own little formats which they can play.

Tunavids plays a converted for of AVI
Moonshell supports DPG 1,2,3 and 4
DSVideo plays converted MPG and AVI files ending in the extension .dsv

Those are some of the ones coming off the top of my head right now. The iPlayer supports a wide range of formats as well, so you might want to take a look at that flashcart. Hope this helps!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but this was an app that supported the files without conversion, and i'm looking for one that plays either .avi or .mpg files specifically... i can't remember what the app was called, I wish I could. It was listed on a page on Wikipedia that has since disappeared from Wikipedia. I'll try google again, to see if it works again, but... Man I want that app... not one that plays converted versions of the files.. It would be much simpler to just have one that plays all native unconverted files.

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in that case the only possible way of playing videos without the need to convert (with the exception of .flv video files) is to get an iPlayer. Trust me I have been around the DS Hombrew scene for a very long time and have never heard or seen nor gotten my hands on a homebrew that would be able to do that.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xylos said:
Well in that case the only possible way of playing videos without the need to convert (with the exception of .flv video files) is to get an iPlayer. Trust me I have been around the DS Hombrew scene for a very long time and have never heard or seen nor gotten my hands on a homebrew that would be able to do that.

Wait so which homebrew can flew flv videos without converting?

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Homebrew. Heres the final answer to this-

iPlayer DS is a flashcart that plays many video formats with excellent results.
Moonshells native format: DPG, can be converted from flv thanks to moonlights converter DPGenc

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Inunah said:
I did google, but my google is messed up and wouldn't let me go to any results (took me to ads when I clicked a result)
The exact same thing happened to me the other day. Try scanning with Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware (both free) it worked for me.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
it still needs conversion (easy peasy drag-n-drop) to the right specs, but tuna-vids plays .avi.

moonshell and .dpg is still the way to go for DS video playing imo though, (besides the already mentioned additional hardware 'iPlayer')

edit: Inunah, i dig yer avatar....Monty Python rules 'down in dingly dell'

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is my DPG moonshell guide on making your own DPG movies

I you might can torrent some dpg movies as well, but i'm not that sure?

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so by what format it allows, it was saying what you could convert from.

Well, which one uses the smallest filetype? I've found that with a 2gb SD Card I can't keep 20+ games on it and have even 1 .dpg file.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Golds said:
I you might can torrent
xD This totally lost me for a couple of seconds before I continued on with the sentence.

Sounded like a bad internet meme
rofl2.gif
[/offtopic]

I am glad someone posted the AVI converter thing, as I am bored and want to try some simple conversions.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
GameSoul said:
jurassicplayer said:
Golds said:
I you might can torrent
xD This totally lost me for a couple of seconds before I continued on with the sentence.

Sounded like a bad internet meme
rofl2.gif
[/offtopic]

I am glad someone posted the AVI converter thing, as I am bored and want to try some simple conversions.
I wanna try simple conversions too. XD Simple, fast, and not as much space as .dpg files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?