Hacking Playing Luigi's Mansion with a Wavebird controller on a Wii U with Devolution

• Thread starter Deleted-353083
  • Start date
  • Views 6,063
  • Replies 15
D

Deleted-353083

OP
Ok, i recently got a Wii U and had no problems getting the homebrew channel running on the virtual Wii. I then researched ways to get GameCube games running because at the very least i HAVE to have Luigi's Mansion. I first tried Nintendont over Devolution because of the anti-piracy bullshit however with Nintendont only some GameCube games worked (LM was one) but most didn't and you could only use wired controllers. Part of the reason for choosing Nintendont was because i didn't have a retail version of LM but i managed to get one now and following some youtube vids have managed to get it working on my Wii U via sd card perfectly and i also bought one of those MayFlash GC Gamecube Controller Converter Adapters so i could use my all time favourite controller (my Wavebird) however one thing that is annoying the fuck out of me is that when i go to play it the right bumper button is like it's permanently stuck. I can't get the vacuum Luigi has to stop and so therefore can't play the game properly. Surely someone must know a fix to this.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
only some GameCube games worked (LM was one) but most didn't

Hope you're kidding...you should stop using really old versions, because Nintendont can run almost every Gamecube game now (and with audio streaming)

lastest revision here
compatibility list here (you'll see a lot of green :moogle:)

And you're probably using an old build of Devolution too, because analog shoulders have been fixed with revision 234 (lastest build)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/

(except if this is a bug of the Mayflash adapter itself)

you should always use the latest revision (loader + gc launcher) to avoid any problem :grog:

D

Deleted-353083

OP
Ok first with Nintendont - you go and play Resident Evil Zero and when you get to the bit on disc 2 where you have to put the dial on the door to open the section where the rail car is you tell me a way of doing that without having the screen freeze up. Also Nintendont doesn't support anything wireless which is annoying.

Ok now for Devolution... pretty sure i tried the latest revision (being that one there) when i first tried to get this going (i'm not completely stupid) but yet another problem now was the buttons don't match up. Pressing X is now the same as pressing B and pressing A is the same as pressing Y or something like that. I found another version of Devolution where some clever dude developed an edition where all the buttons are mapped correctly - A means A, B means B, X means X etc. which is here -

http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolutionccbr-remapped-classic-controller-buttons-small-mod.352271/

Notice one thing about that - that thread there was dated August 4th, 2013... the link you gave me which you claim has fixed that problem is dated July 12th, 2012 - over a year prior.

All i am looking for is a version of Devolution that will allow me to play Luigi's Mansion on my Wii U with a normal GameCube controller connected to the Mayflash and all the buttons match up normally and work without any problems and will just let me play the friggen game without any problems.

If someone can please help me out with that i will be very appreciative. Thank you.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the link I gave you which says that it was fixed was posted thursday (of this month...of this year !) http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/page-202#post-5077417
the link from July 12, 2012 http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/ is the "official" thread and IS NOT UPDATED WHEN A NEW REVISION COMES

it seems you don't even know how tueidj updates its baby...the official thread contains a permalink to download the latest revision. So again, listen to me (or not) : DOWNLOAD AND USE THE LATEST BUILD OF DEVOLUTION.

Rev 234 was built on August 14, 2014, you are talking about a thread which was not updated since August 4th, 2013...Do you see what's wrong now ?
You're using an old revision, this bug was killed on rev 234...you don't like the mapping of this revision ? you will have to deal with it...or wait until someone makes another mod of the latest build.

so 2 ways for playing luigi's mansion :

- use the latest build and deal with the mapping you don't like

- use an old mod of an old build, play with the mapping you like...but with the analog shoulder's bug

it's up to you to choose if you want to play this game without any bug, or use an old mapping mod with bugs. You can also try to contact (and convince) tueidj that is mapping is not so good or ask him to give alternatives.

EDIT : BTW, I knew I've seen something like that for USBLoader GX

what do you want? the button remapping, or the above game in 480p?
if you want the buttons only, there are options in USBLoaders that you can enable to remap each buttons to match their own name. (A=A; B=B, etc.)
Of course you'll have to setup the loader correctly in order to launch the games (put the games in the correct folders which differ from the official loader, etc.)

If you want the patch to run Timesplitter PAL in 480p (which I doubt as you live in USA), it wasn't available as download. It's only a patch he made for himself and provided the changes.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/devoluti...roller-buttons-small-mod.352271/#post-4788671

so take the latest build of Devolution and USBLoader GX, then activate the "Config D buttons" in USBLGX options.

ps : you says that Nintendont is bad because ONE game you want to play does not work like it should ? no comment...
RE0 was also released on Wii, it's not like you don't have CHOICE :ph34r:

(you don't even give the revision of Nintendont you're using, it should have been fixed since then...)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to knock on Nintendont as it has come a long way, but Devolution is the bomb.

It is a pain to setup having to use your Wii and drag out all your old GC discs, but I did it and love it. Plays all the old favs flawlessly and while I love the old wavebird, using the WiiU Pro controller works great, minus the analogue triggers. If Nintendont would just get wireless controller options then all would be well.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont supports Wireless controllers with WaveBird (on normal Wii) and Wii U pro controller

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendont supports native GAMECUBE wireless wavebird, of course.

But it doesn't support BT wireless, and NO, it does NOT support (natively) Wii U Pro controller ! You always need a wired controller (PS3 through USB, HID device through USB), or a gamecube adapter with a wavebird (to have some kind of wireless support)

What NINTENDONT doesn't do yet:

• Allow use of the Nintendo GameCube Microphone
  • Bluetooth controller support (Wiimote, Wii U Pro, ..)
  • Use real memory card
  • BBA/Modem support
The following gamepads are known NOT WORKING:
  • WiiU pro controller without an adapter
  • Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One controllers
  • Any controller not USB-HID compatible...
  • Mayflash GC Controller Adapter for PC [PC051]

Nintendont will knock out devo the day it supports BT wireless controller(s). On Wii U or Wii family, it's really important to support BT.

D

Deleted-353083

OP
[QUOTEso take the latest build of Devolution and USBLoader GX, then activate the "Config D buttons" in USBLGX options.][/QUOTE]

Ok i have now done just that and i have tried everything known to man and it won't even detect the f***ing GameCube title!! I have tried both on sd card and external hard drive, went through the entire settings 1 by 1 and tinkered with every possible combination, updated and checked the "GC Games" box in one of the tabs, chose Devolution as the loader and chose the paths to where the game is etc. Everything i could possibly think of. Obviously there must be a way to run Devolution through USB Loader GX if it gives you that option so can one of you people please walk me through it step by step as to how to get the god dam thing working. Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You changed the game path to where?
It's not the game path in the loader that you need to change, but the location of the .ISO files to be at the correct place where the loader expect them.

Devolution is expecting games in :
/games/All .iso file of the games named like you want here
example:
/games/zelda.iso
/games/tales1.iso
/games/tales2.iso

USBLoaderGX is expecting games in:
/user define path/SUB FOLDER TO EACH INDIVIDUAL GAME/game.iso or disc2.iso here, named "game.iso", not with the game's title. really the 4 letters g+a+m+e
example:
- Set in the loader the main path (the one for SD) to SD:/games/, and the USB path to usb1:/games/
- Games must be located here:
/games/Zelda/game.iso
/games/Tales/game.iso
/games/Tales/disc2.iso

Even simpler:
Put the gamecube disc in the console while you are in USBLoaderGX, it will ask you if you want to install the game. Answer yes, and it will create the ISO to the correct place and correct format based on the current path settings. After the ISO creation, it will be listed automatically, because it will be located at the correct place. If you want to add more games manually, look where and how that ISO file has been created, and replicate it with other games.

Then, on the first page of Devolution thread, download the second package (the sources of the loader).
Inside you will find "loader.bin" file.
Put this file in sd:/apps/devolution/
or in the path you defined in the settings which point to Nintendont Loader path.

In the settings, select Devolution as launching method.
If you moved the game file location on your drive, you may have to re-verify the game!
If you have a black screen at launch, it's more likely the cause.

Edit:
You still didn't tell which version of everything you are using.
today's latest
devolution is r234
USBLoaderGX is r1231
Nintendont 2.148

D

Deleted-353083

OP
Ok Cyan... i followed everyone of those steps and thought i had FINALLY got it working only to find whenever i go to load it it just goes to black screen. Help please.

D

Deleted-353083

OP
I tried that "even simpler" method you wrote there and all it does is keep ejecting the disc.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gamecube discs doesn't work on WiiU.
If you only have a WiiU then it's not working. It's my fault for not thinking about the console you were using.

You will need a Wii anyway, because you need to verify the games.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first with Nintendont - you go and play Resident Evil Zero and when you get to the bit on disc 2 where you have to put the dial on the door to open the section where the rail car is you tell me a way of doing that without having the screen freeze up.

Well, one way would be to use the Wii version of the game instead. There's really no reason to be using the GC version of the game via Nintendont/Devo/DM when there's a native Wii version identical save for more controller options. Same for REmake and RE4.

I know that's not your main objective in this thread, just thought it was worth mentioning.

D

Deleted-353083

OP
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!! FINALLY GOT DA MUDAF***A WORKING!!!!! After a HELL of alot of frustration, back and forth back and forth back and forth and back and forth between the Wii and then my computer and then my Wii u over and over again i finally have my GC games working on my Wii U on USB Loader GX perfectly running off Devolution. However now something... once a f**king again... has come up, although not as serious but still annoying. Ok... originally i had a 3rd party GC controller (you've probably all seen them - the white controllers with a small start button in the middle and a turbo button and one more i can't remember off the top of my head) Well when i first finally figured everything out i started playing my GC games with that controller and it works perfectly (except the Z button but that's because it's broken) but i really wanted a genuine GC controller just for nostalgic reasons and so i bought one and now when i go to play Luigi's Mansion i get that f**king problem with the analogue bumpers again!! I unplugged it and tried the cheap 3rd party controller again and it instantly went away but then as soon as i plugged the genuine controller in it starts again. The"D button" fix still works so all the buttons are still lined up but the cheap controller has no issues with the analogue bumpers but the genuine controller does. Someone please explain this one to me???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.